« Home | Next: Reiter's Syndrome - Reactive arthritis »
| Next: Garden Beets »
| Next: Achieving The Goal »
| Next: Dandelion leaves »
| Next: Asparagus »
| Next: Thank You! »
| Next: Running Out Of Time »
| Next: Bell Peppers »
| Next: Easy Access »
| Next: Raynaud's Phenomenon »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Our Hummingbirds

I finally got around to hanging our new hummingbird feeder last week. We had taken the old one down when the house got painted and since it was clogged with dirt and faded, we decided to get a new one.

Aside from seeing a hummingbird on TV, I had never seen one for real, until I came to the States. Hummingbirds are not native to the Netherlands. You can imagine my excitement when I saw one for the first time.

I had to get one of those hummingbird feeders and try to get those little critters in our yard, so I could watch them up close. We had several of those little cuties come over to take advantage of the free food.

I found out from the Bird Library at birdfeeders.com that we were visited by Buff-Bellied Hummingbirds and I am pretty sure we had some Calliope Hummingbirds as well. I was astonished to find out that there were so many different types of those small birds.

There was a lot of information on Hummingbirds at this site and I enjoyed reading up on them. Why not visit the site yourself and find out which 'Hummer' you could expect to have around? Even better yet, just get a hummingbird feeder and let them surprise you!

4 Comments:

Blogger jel said...

hummers a purty! BUT they can be mean and scarey too!

June 09, 2009 6:31 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Janice,
Really??? I didn't know that, they seem so friendly.

(((HUGS)))

God's Grace.

June 09, 2009 6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the story's I could tell, they are fun to watch, but it you get to close to their feed , they will buzz ya, for a little thing they can make a loud sound buzzing by your ear!

sis

June 09, 2009 7:48 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Janice,
I had no clue, thanks for telling me. I will stay clear of their food. I don't think I like it anyway, hehe.

(((HUGS)))

God's Grace.

June 10, 2009 5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014