« Home | Next: Happy Birthday, Grandma! »
| Next: Tagged »
| Next: Huge Mistake! »
| Next: LaLa-Land »
| Next: Value »
| Next: About Me »
| Next: Controversy »
| Next: Heading Out »
| Next: Work In Progress »
| Next: Insanity »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Sunday, February 26, 2006

Legion

Did you know there are more than 100 forms of arthritis and related diseases? Often people tell me the what disease they have and I go like: "what is that????" Well, here is the list of the legion of arthritis and related diseases. Want to know how and what, just click on them.

A:
Achilles tendinitis / Achondroplasia / Acromegalic arthropathy / Adhesive capsulitis / Adult onset Still's disease / Ankylosing spondylitis / Anserine bursitis / Avascular necrosis
B:
Behcet's syndrome / Bicipital tendinitis / Blount's disease / Brucellar spondylitis / Bursitis
C :
Calcaneal bursitis / Calcium pyrophosphate dihydrate (CPPD) / Crystal deposition disease / Caplan's syndrome / Carpal tunnel syndrome / Chondrocalcinosis / Chondromalacia patellae / Chronic synovitis / Chronic recurrent multifocal osteomyelitis / Churg-Strauss syndrome / Cogan's syndrome / Corticosteroid-induced osteoporosis / Costosternal syndrome / CREST syndrome / Cryoglobulinemia
D:
Degenerative joint disease / Dermatomyositis / Diabetic finger sclerosis / Diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis (DISH) / Discitis / Discoid lupus erythematosus / Drug-induced lupus / Duchenne's muscular dystrophy / Dupuytren's contracture

E:
Ehlers-Danlos syndrome / Enteropathic arthritis / Epicondylitis / Erosive inflammatory osteoarthritis / Exercise-induced compartment syndrome

F:
Fabry's disease / Familial Mediterranean fever / Farber's lipogranulomatosis / Felty's syndrome / Fibromyalgia / Fifth's disease / Flat feet / Foreign body synovitis / Freiberg's disease / Fungal arthritis
G:
Gaucher's disease / Giant cell arteritis / Gonococcal arthritis / Goodpasture's syndrome / Gout / Granulomatous arteritis
H:
Hemarthrosis / hemochromatosis / Henoch-Schonlein purpura / Hepatitis B surface antigen disease / Hip dysplasia / Hurler syndrome / Hypermobility syndrome / Hypersensitivity vasculitis / Hypertrophic osteoarthropathy

I:
Immune complex disease / Impingement syndrome

J:
Jaccoud's arthropathy / Juvenile ankylosing spondylitis / Juvenile dermatomyositis / Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
K:
Kawasaki disease / Kienbock's disease

L:
Legg-Calve-Perthes disease / Lesch-Nyhan syndrome / Linear scleroderma / Lipoid dermatoarthritis / Lofgren's syndrome / Lyme disease

M:
Malignant synovioma / Marfan's syndrome / Medial plica syndrome / Metastatic carcinomatous arthritis / Mixed connective tissue disease (MCTD) / Mixed cryoglobulinemia / Mucopolysaccharidosis / Multicentric reticulohistiocytosis / Multiple epiphyseal dysplasia / Mycoplasmal arthritis / Myofascial pain syndrome

N:
Neonatal lupus / Neuropathic arthropathy / Nodular panniculitis

O:
Ochronosis / Olecranon bursitis / Osgood-Schlatter's disease / Osteoarthritis / Osteochondromatosis / Osteogenesis imperfecta / Osteomalacia / Osteomyelitis / Osteonecrosis / Osteoporosis / Overlap syndrome
P:

Pachydermoperiostosis / Paget's disease of bone / Palindromic rheumatism / Patellofemoral pain syndrome / Pellegrini-Stieda syndrome / Pigmented villonodular synovitis / Piriformis syndrome / Plantar fasciitis / Polyarteritis nodosa / Polymyalgia rheumatica / Polymyositis / Popliteal cysts / Posterior tibial tendinitis / Pott's disease / Prepatellar bursitis / Prosthetic joint infection / Pseudoxanthoma elasticum / Psoriatic arthritis
R:
Raynaud's phenomenon / Reactive arthritis /Reiter's syndrome / Reflex sympathetic dystrophy syndrome / Relapsing polychondritis / Retrocalcaneal bursitis / Rheumatic fever / Rheumatoid arthritis / Rheumatoid vasculitis / Rotator cuff tendinitis

S:
Sacroiliitis / Salmonella osteomyelitis / Sarcoidosis / Saturnine gout / Scheuermann's osteochondritis / Scleroderma / Septic arthritis / Seronegative arthritis / Shigella arthritis / Shoulder-hand syndrome / Sickle cell arthropathy / Sjogren's syndrome / Slipped capital femoral epiphysis / Spinal stenosis / Spondylolysis / Staphylococcus arthritis / Stickler syndrome / Subacute cutaneous lupus / Sweet's syndrome / Sydenham's chorea / Syphilitic arthritis / Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)

T:
Takayasu's arteritis / Tarsal tunnel syndrome / Tennis elbow / Tietse's syndrome / Transient osteoporosis / Traumatic arthritis / Trochanteric bursitis / Tuberculosis arthritis

U:
Arthritis of Ulcerative colitis / Undifferentiated connective tissue syndrome (UCTS) / Urticarial vasculitis
V:

Viral arthritis
W:
Wegener's granulomatosis / Whipple's disease / Wilson's disease

Y:
Yersinial arthritis

Just because I listed all of them doesn''t mean I am a walking medical encyclopedia now, haha. I figured, if I wonder, maybe you do too:-) And if you suffer from one of them, God bless you and may He stretch His healing hand out to you.

Mark 5:8-10
8 For He said to him, “Come out of the man, unclean spirit!” 9 Then He asked him, “What is your name?” And he answered, saying, “My name is Legion; for we are many.”

9 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Wow this is quite daunting.

February 26, 2006 11:06 PM  
Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

I agree with Kitty...I'm shocked. I had NO idea there were SO many. God Bless you!

February 26, 2006 11:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! that's quite a number of them.

February 26, 2006 11:52 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Goooodmorning dear sister Corry :)

How are you?
Please have a very blessed day.

God's Love :)

February 27, 2006 1:26 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Kitty, Andrea, Pia:

When the RA factor first showed up in my blood, they said time would have to tell what type of arthritis it would be. I recall wondering why it would be so difficult to tell which one it was. I was told then, there were over 200 different types and forms of arthritis and auto-immune diseases related to arthritis. So I was not shocked to find this huge list. Actually, I was relieved to learn there were over a 100 and not 200!

I guess y'all can imagine now how grateful and happy I am each time I find out a little more progress is made towards finding a cure for each type:-)
And although I am having the worst type (that's what I have been told as well), I can't thank God enough for being so gracious and mercyful to me. I have been "flare-up free" for many years now. I pray for the many that aren't!

Audrey:

Goooodmorning, sister:-)

I am doing fine, thanks! Have a blessed day as well.

Remember, Jesus loves you and we do too:-)

God's Grace.

February 27, 2006 6:37 AM  
Blogger audrey` said...

HaHaHa!

I love you too, sister :)
So does Jesus!

Have a very blessed week ahead ;)

February 28, 2006 1:31 AM  
Blogger Maryrose said...

I'm stunned, I was diagnosed with Bursitis around the same time I was diagnosed with my auto-immune disease and I had no idea they might be related.

Methinks I need to stop being so passive and do a little more research to arm myself with knowledge.

Love to all and you are in my prayers.

February 28, 2006 10:19 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Maryrose:

Why do research when I already did it for you (grin).

I had no clue either how many were related or even fell under the umbrella of arthritis. Never too old to learn huh?

Love you, girl and keeping you in my prayers.

God's Grace.

February 28, 2006 10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Corry,

My name is Jenny and I am part of an online community called CarePlace, for people experiencing similar health related issues and their caregivers, including Rheumatoid Arthritis. We have recently added new Rheumatoid Arthritis related communities to the site.

As your blog relates to what we are doing at CarePlace, I was wondering if you might be willing to check out our site and let me know if you think it might be helpful to the people who communicate through and with you.

People can join multiple communities, share experiences, check out info on medical conditions and treatments and form their own groups within the site.

We have gotten great feedback and as you know the more people in various communities the more outreach and support that happens. Our users have really liked it so far and we are adding new features all the time based on what everyone is telling us.

It’s really important to us to get feedback from people like you about the site as we develop features – the site is www.careplace.com. You can add me as a friend (jend) and let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance!
Jenny (jend)

February 23, 2007 4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014