« Home | Next: A Big Help »
| Next: Coconut »
| Next: DirectTV: State Of The Art »
| Next: Longing For Fall »
| Next: Osteoarthritis »
| Next: Don't Let The Bed Bugs Bite! »
| Next: ...And Down Came The Rain »
| Next: Where Is The Rain? »
| Next: Broccoli »
| Next: The Fence »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Thursday, July 09, 2009

The Fruits Of Labor

Sometimes I suffer from tunnel vision: I only see the task before me, but not what effect it has on those around me. The task is always the same: do what God wants you to do, do what is best and/or needed. Yep, that is work. Hard work that reoccurs day in, day out and from moment to moment.

At times it seems to me like life consists only of hard work and I loose sight of what difference it makes in the overall. Until Kc gave me the following example:

Consider yourself a worker in the quarries. Every day you go to work, knowing that all day long you will be doing nothing else but hammering away at the mountain, quarrying stones. At one point it becomes a dread: you don't even know anymore what you are doing it for.

Then you have to remind yourself that outside the quarry, the stones are being used to build a temple. You may not see with your own eyes that it is being build, but it is. That could not have happened without the stones which come from all your hard labor.

I thought this was an excellent example and it sure brought back the joy in doing the work. Somewhere, somehow, sometime, my labor accomplishes something. I don't know what, but I have faith it makes a difference.:-)

1 Kings 5:17
And the king commanded them to quarry large stones, costly stones, and hewn stones, to lay the foundation of the temple.

2 Comments:

Blogger audrey` said...

Oh the endless housework... May we find joy in doing them ^grin^ (I don't like to cook) HeHe!

July 12, 2009 5:55 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Audrey,
Haha, it is so rewarding to see my family enjoy my cooked up box, bag and can meals. Grin.

God's Grace.

July 13, 2009 7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014