« Home | Next: Wreck »
| Next: Brain-Strain »
| Next: M.I.A. »
| Next: Prayers »
| Next: Critter's Cooings III »
| Next: Prison »
| Next: Critter's Cooings II »
| Next: Now What???? »
| Next: Sparkling »
| Next: Tag...I Am It! »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Long Overdue

My dear spouse tagged me a while back and I know, I should have done this much sooner, were it not for the fact that something else always came up and required my attention. Or rather, I let it distract me! How is that for a fact!!! haha.

The tag was to "post [on] that verse or story of scripture which is important to you, which you find yourself re-visiting time after time."
Now that's a tough one, for I find many different verses crossing my mind almost constantly.
Mostly those verses are encouraging and hope-giving, like:

Psalm 126:5
Those who sow in tears Shall reap in joy.

Matthew 7:7
“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you".

Matthew 11:28
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Hebrews 13:5
Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Matthew 6:33
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

John 14:2
In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

The Bible provides guidance, hope and encouragement in and for every situation in this life, we may encounter and these are only a few verses that come to mind. The one verse I revisit over and over again though (and not always succeed in doing, sigh) is:

Luke 10:27
So he answered and said, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,’ and ‘your neighbor as yourself.’”

But practice makes perfect and I keep The Bible as my road-map throughout this life, looking forward to the one to come. :-D

John 6:40
And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Corry ,

This is a very good selection of scriptures . When I was a good bit younger I used to read Matt 7:7 and didn't understand the last part "Knock and it will be opened to you ". I don't know why I thought about as I did . Then one day the greatest commandment " love thy neighbor as thy self " hit me square in the face ?

The scripture John 6:40 has always helped me with my faith when I was down and out !

Blessings to you and KC.
Ron.

August 28, 2007 5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful verses. i have two verses that i keep in my heart... philippians 1:6 and habakkuk 2:3. these verses were given to me by God to hold on to and i recite them as often as i can.

August 28, 2007 10:07 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Grandpaw,
I can sympathise with not understanding the verses. I read many that I didn't understand untill one day it hit me. All in God's time, huh?!
I think I know what you mean by being hit square in the face. It's painful, but not all that hurts is bad. It's for learning purposes to (strive to) be a better person in and with Christ.

John 6:40 is like His arm around your shoulder, encouraging and comforting. :-)

Have a very blessed day, filled with lots of joy.

Pia,
I like those verses you mentioned, they confirm God's promise to us and strengthen our faith. Which we all need from time to time. :-)

I hope you are doing ok, girl. We need to get in touch soon.

(((HUGS))) and many blessings.

God's Grace.

August 29, 2007 10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the verses, Corry. All really good ones to keep and hold on to with dear life.

We had a great weekend in Mobile and will have to try to see you and Kc next time we come over that way. The concert (an old timey folk singer) was excellent and we had some good food while we were over there.

We went to the science exploriam and IMAX theater while we were there Saturday afternoon and really enjoyed that, as well.

Mobile is a neat city with lots of fun things to do. It was just good to get away from home and have a short weekend vacation.

Dee

of Finding Direction: The Wind Vane Chronicles

August 29, 2007 2:49 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Dee,
I am glad you had such a good time. I know there is a reason for everything and it's good you didn't try to visit this time. Our AC broke down Saturday-night and we had to vacate the premises because of the heat, till Monday morning, when it got fixed.

So, let's try next time! :-)

Many blessings to y'all.

God's Grace.

August 30, 2007 7:09 AM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Dearest Lieve Zus

Bible as our Road Map... I like the way you describe it, Corry.
It's so true.
May we cling onto It and Him =)
Take care.
(((HUGS)))

August 30, 2007 8:29 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Audrey,
"May we cling onto It and Him =)
"


Amen!

(((HUGS))) and many blessings, lieve zus.

God's Grace.

August 30, 2007 9:19 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

Isaiah 43 has been my favorite for a long, long time. I wish I were past the whole "Do you really love me?" thing, but I am not sure that I am. Someday I hope to get past that so I can move on to more exhortation-type verses =-P

Lenise

August 30, 2007 9:35 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

Corry, your scriptures all remind me how God provides for those who trust in him. These are the beautiful words He has given for encouragement to do just that. Thanks for sharing them. I hope you are encouraged as much as I am by them today!

August 31, 2007 8:00 AM  
Blogger Cinder said...

Hey there Corry...I was just dropping by to say a quick hello. I'll be back to read what I've missed.

Hope all is well with you and yours this week!

August 31, 2007 8:54 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Lenise,
Good to see you, girl. How are you doing?

Maybe this verse might be of help? :-)

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.


God bless you!

Missy,
They are always very encouraging to me and there are times I cling to them with all that is in me, just like the one I quoted above!

Have a very blessed weekend!

Cinder,
"HI!" to you as well. Long time no see! It's good to see you around. We are doing ok and I hope y'all are fine as well.

A blessed weekend to you and yours.

God's Grace.

September 01, 2007 8:08 AM  
Blogger jel said...

hey sis,
thank for the visit,
hope you and the KC's are doing good!


huggs

September 04, 2007 4:29 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Janice,
You are most welcome. I am trying to catch up.
We are doing ok, still busy but hopefully it will slack off some now.

(((HUGS)))

God's Grace.

September 05, 2007 10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014