« Home | Next: Tag...I Am It! »
| Next: Taking The Heat? »
| Next: Critter's Cooings »
| Next: The Money-Pit »
| Next: The Message »
| Next: Picking My Brain »
| Next: The Light »
| Next: Banana Boost »
| Next: Fruit »
| Next: Happy Easter! »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Sunday, June 03, 2007

Sparkling

Cleaning is never done. We may postpone it and sometimes even close our eyes to it, but it isn't going to clean itself, unfortunately, sigh! But oh the rewarding feeling after having it done and everything is spic and span... again, hehe!

It's already a major task without any aching joints, it takes several times longer with. But here are some joint-friendly tips for big housecleaning jobs, that may come in handy, even if you don't have RA or Arthritis:

"Prioritize.
Decide which cleaning projects are best suited to spring. Save the rest for summer, fall and winter projects.

Plan your attack.
Tackle tasks in an efficient order. Some jobs are better for morning work, others are best left for later. Switch from hand work to reaching work to bending work to avoid stressing any one part of your body too long. Avoid the urge to do it all at once. You can spread any one project out over days or weeks, if necessary. For example, tackle overhead cobwebs one room at a time.

Rest on schedule.
Plan rest periods every 15, 30 or 60 minutes to conserve energy. Forging ahead may let you cross another task off your list sooner, but often sooner means sorer.

Take it with you.
Avoid repeat trips to the closet for cleaning supplies by wearing a work apron with pockets for bottles, sponges and rags. Don’t load up too much or the apron may become heavy and stress your back and shoulders. Or try a wheeled utility cart to transport supplies from room to room. Another option is to buy multiple supplies and store them in key areas of your home, such as the bathrooms and kitchen, and on upper and lower floors.

Choose the right tools.
Use joint-friendly cleaning tools, such as long-handled dustpans. Choose tools and products that are made to be lightweight, automatic, long-handled, ergonomic or quick-acting. Get caught sitting down. When possible, use a bar-height stool with footrests to allow you to sit during projects, such as polishing silver.

Protect your joints.
Don’t grip cloths when cleaning. Keep your hand flat when moving the cloth or use a duster that fits over the whole hand. When cleaning with water, use a large sponge instead of a cloth, so you can squeeze out the water easily by pressing down on the sponge with the palm of your hand.
~by Rosanna Scott Posted 2/17/07, Arthritis Foundation."


Just as our homes, we need to clean and examine our inner-selves on a regular base and get rid of sin. We may postpone it and sometimes even close our eyes to it, but it isn't going to clean itself! But oh, the reward after having done it! :-)

2 Timothy 2:20-21
20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay, some for honor and some for dishonor. 21 Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll have too rest for three days after reading about all that much work ? Blessings. Ron.

June 03, 2007 8:58 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Grandpaw,
I can so totally imagine! grin.

I had to rest for a week after doing all that work! I love cleaning, especially watching it being done, hehe.

Have a very blessed day.

God's Grace.

June 04, 2007 7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Corry, These are great tips for everyone. Thanks for sharing. Rest seems to be the word for the day. I feel like I need a week of it. Have a great day. :)

June 04, 2007 12:28 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

Thanks, Corry. You are such an encouragement! You have some great tips here, both physically and spiritually. You helped bring an end to my "don't-wanna's" on this cold rainy day!

All my love,
Missy

June 04, 2007 3:44 PM  
Blogger Redeemed said...

Hi Corry, I was just thinking that I should surf the web just a little while, because I have loads of cleaning to do. haha, now I know for sure that the Lord wants me to get to work and I have all these great tips to go about doing so.

I must report to cleaning service now! Blessings,
Sarah :)

June 04, 2007 8:14 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Amy,
I so hope God will grant you the rest you need!
Have a blessed day, dear sister! :-)

Missy,
Glory be to God! All for a reason, huh?! :-)

I made this post before I had even read yours. I love how God uses us to be an encouragement and I am so grateful this post encouraged you!
I hope your cold rainy day turned into a day filled with warmth, joy and sunshine!
Much love and blessings to you, sis!

Sarah,
I can't help but grin, lil sister. :-) I know how nice it seems to put off what you don't want to do, but it will not get clean by itself! It will just get worse and will take twice as long as when I thought it needed doing it. Right now, I wish my broom would show some initiative itself, haha.

I guess I better report to cleaning service myself as well. grin.

Blessings to you as well, girl. :-)

God's Grace.

June 05, 2007 5:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Corry You maybe should'nt have wrote this post , now you got everybody feeling guilty , and don't have time to comment but Me? Blessings. Grandpaw.

June 07, 2007 4:20 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Grandpaw,
I know!!!!!! Arrrgghhhhhh, haha.

It's good to see though you still have time to comment. And your comments are always more then welcome! :-)

Blessings to you too, Grandpaw!

God's Grace.

June 07, 2007 5:06 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Whee!!!
Thank you so much for the most useful tips on house cleaning.
Who likes to do the cleaning?
Definitely not me.
HeHe =)

June 15, 2007 6:51 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Audrey,
Me either!!! Although I got to say it is fullfilling!

I prolly shouldn't have posted this since it means we haven't got an excuse anymore for not cleaning, hehe.

Luv ya, lieve zus!

God's Grace.

June 17, 2007 8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014