« Home | Next: Ginkgo Supplement »
| Next: Happy Easter!! »
| Next: Glucosamine Supplement »
| Next: My Policy »
| Next: Joining The Army »
| Next: Primrose Supplement »
| Next: Tumeric - Curcumin Supplement »
| Next: Ballet Of The Butterflies »
| Next: Live Images »
| Next: Jig Saw Puzzle »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Monday, April 20, 2009

Symptoms

I can image, that you have gotten a bit confused, by all these different herbs, fruits, vegetables and supplements, which I have been posting on here. Rightfully so.

I considered, that it might be helpful, to give a short summary. That way, you may be able to distinguish, which one could be helpful for your symptoms of arthritis and related conditions.

Cartilage Degeneration
ASU, Chondroitin, Glucosamine, SAM-e

Decreased Mobility
Chondroitin, DMSO, Flax, GLA, Glucosamine, Indian frankincense, MSM, SAM-e

Depression
St. John’s wort, SAM-e

Inflammation
Bromelain, Cat’s claw, Chondroitin, Devil’s claw, DMSO, Fish oil, Flax, Ginger, GLA, MSM, SAM-e, Stinging nettle, Thunder god vine, Turmeric

Pain
Bromelain, Chondroitin, Devil’s claw, DMSO, Ginger, GLA, Glucosamine, Indian frankincense, MSM, SAM-e, Stinging nettle, Thunder god vine, Turmeric

Sleep Difficulties
Melatonin, Valerian
~Source: Arthritis Foundation.

Like I mentioned, these are just a few of the conditions, diseases and ailments, that can benefit from supplementing. Many of the supplements also cure simpler conditions. I say simpler, but I am fully aware that when you suffer from them, there is nothing simple about them.

A supplement can help and is most of the times a lot cheaper, then subscribed medications. Once again I am going to caution you, to talk to your physician, before you decide to use a supplement. On my quest to provide you with all the health information, I came across some warnings. Even some all natural supplements can interact badly, with a medicine that you are already taking. One phone call can do the trick and save you lots of grief.

Once again, it is always better to be safe, than sorry. There is wisdom in the counsel of many. Most of all, we definitely can rest assured, that there is counsel, wisdom, guidance and leadership in, with and from God. It does not even take one phone call. :-)

Job 12:13
"With Him are wisdom and strength, He has counsel and understanding.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Holistic Doctor NYC said...

Hi Corry,

I think this is a good summary of supplements. I would like to add that the two things I've seen most effective in RA patients is avoiding nightshades (tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, eggplants) and other food triggers, and appropriately indicated homeopathic remedies. For the latter you need to seek the advice of a classical homeopath. You may have mentioned these in other posts but I thought I'd mention them. Keep up the good work!

JH

April 22, 2009 6:39 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Holistic Doctor NYC,
Welcome to my blog and thank you for sharing. I had not heard yet of avoiding nightshades.

You are right this is absolutely the field of expertise of a Homeopathic doctor. Thanks for the reminder.

God's Grace.

April 24, 2009 8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014