« Home | Next: To All Mothers »
| Next: H1N1 Flu (Swine Flu) And Arthritis »
| Next: From The Heart »
| Next: Blackberries »
| Next: Safety First »
| Next: Swine Flu Update »
| Next: Cherries »
| Next: Swine Flu Information »
| Next: Fish Oil Supplement »
| Next: A Need »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Monday, May 11, 2009

Skeeter Eater

We like to sit outside in the evenings, especially in the summer when it is cooling down. It is not even summer yet and the mosquitoes are already pestering me.

I assumed that those little blood suckers would not care much for the elixir of blood and chemicals from all the medications, which is running through my veins. The contrary seems to be true; after having been outside for 5 minutes, I scratch myself to oblivion.

For several years in a row, the city used to spray the shoulders to kill the mosquitoes in order to prevent these insects from spreading the West Nile virus. The city is either out of money or is not worried about it anymore, since they have not done it anymore. Well, I am worried since our grandsons are playing outside a lot more.

Maybe we ought to consider getting a mosquito trap. The Mosquito Magnet® attracts and sucks up those pesky buzzers and other biting insects as well. That makes enjoying the outdoors much more pleasant, safe and relaxing again.

Yeah, that's what we need: a skeeter eater!

2 Comments:

Blogger audrey` said...

HaHa! I learnt a new term today. Skeeter eater =)

May 13, 2009 3:29 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Audrey,
I will tell you where it comes from: mosquitos are also referred to as skeeters here, hence my term 'skeeter eater'. Grin.

God's Grace.

May 13, 2009 8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014