« Home | Next: Causes Of Fatigue Part 2 »
| Next: On The Spot »
| Next: An Introduction »
| Next: Causes Of Fatigue »
| Next: Some Acupuncture Facts »
| Next: A Healthy Sleep »
| Next: Health Made Cheaper »
| Next: Recognize The Signs Part 2 »
| Next: Recognize The Signs »
| Next: Happy New Year! »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Friday, February 03, 2012

Maintaining Muscle Mass

The awareness that exercise needs to be incorporated into my day was already present for a long time. No, I haven't succeeded yet, but that is mainly due to a lack of determination, commitment, and gumption on my part.

That may be about to change since I recently learned that muscle mass steadily decreases as we grow older. That is a scary thought and I certainly don't want that to happen. I like to keep the strength I have now, but I also know I can not participate in an Extreme Body Workout as a result of my RA.

It doesn't mean though that I can not do any workout at all. Even the most intense exercise programs like the 90 Day Review have several movements in them which I can take part in and that are easy on the joints. I just have to be realistic and diligent in my choice.

The goal is to increase my stamina, at least maintain my muscle mass, and keep my muscles in a good and healthy condition. I certainly don't have any aspirations for ending up with a Beach Body; I just want to be able to play with our grandchildren without constantly being out of breath and ending up with stiff and sore muscles!

This is a guest post provided by Fitness Alliance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014