« Home | Next: Form, Fit, Fashion, And Frugality »
| Next: Grapefruit Medication Interactions »
| Next: Grapefruit »
| Next: Reaching The Goal »
| Next: Prepatellar Bursitis Treatment and Prevention »
| Next: Identifying The Problem »
| Next: Prepatellar Bursitis »
| Next: Got Advice??? »
| Next: A Tough Decision »
| Next: Daily Burdens »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Easing Tension And Friction

I came across and article which mentioned that most of our neck and back pain is mainly due to assuming the wrong posture which can eventually lead to wear and tear and result in a lot of pain later on in life.

Most of the times, we are not even aware of the damage we are inflicting upon ourselves until pain and muscle soreness sets in. I experienced that while sitting at my desk, trying to do my work and was constantly plagued by back pain. It turned out I wasn't sitting straight enough and didn't have my feet evenly on the floor.

Standing up and walking straight has more benefits then just reducing pressure on and friction in your joints; your body also works better due to an increase of circulation and a better digestion. Aligning your entire body also strengthens your muscles and makes you look more slender.

When sitting down, ensure to sit up straight, put both feet on the ground and balance your head at the same level as your tailbone and when you lay down to go to sleep, lie on your back and don't count sheep looking at the ceiling, but keep your chin in a neutral position.

I already tried some of these simple exercises and I have to say it does relax the body and eases muscle tension. They don't help easing the afflicted mind and soul, but prayer does and that takes even less effort than correcting your posture!

Psalm 6:9
The LORD has heard my supplication; The LORD will receive my prayer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014