« Home | Next: Chickpeas / Garbanzo Beans Part 2 »
| Next: Chickpeas / Garbanzo Beans »
| Next: Avoid Head Injuries »
| Next: Get What Is Needed »
| Next: Sad News »
| Next: Health And Energy Efficiency »
| Next: Rheumatoid Arthritis and Sunshine »
| Next: On The Money »
| Next: The Flu Shot »
| Next: Traumatic Arthritis »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Rotator Cuff Tendonitis Cause and Diagnosis

Those of you who have suffered from rotator cuff tendonitis before know how painful and debilitating it is. You can hardly move your arm without pain, sleep on the affected side, and experience pain and weakness when trying to reach back and up.

For those of you who are not familiar with this condition; it is an injury, inflammation, irritation, or damage to the tendons or muscles which connect the upper arm bone with the shoulder blade and firmly hold the ball in place in its socket.

Rotator cuff tendonitis is also known as swimmer's shoulder, pitcher's shoulder, tennis shoulder, shoulder impingement syndrome, or simply tendonitis or tendinitis.

The first three names are derived from sports, because the constantly repeated arm activities are often the cause for this condition, but a fall, regular wear and tear, poor posture, and heavy lifting can as well.

People over 40, and especially those who exercise or practice a sport which requires many of the same arm movements above the head, have a higher risk of coming down with rotator cuff tendonitis. The older you get, the more that risk increases.

In order to avoid further complications such as bursitis, or worsen the existing damage, it is best to see a doctor when you have pain in your shoulder for more then a week and are hardly able to use your arm.

He will probably conduct a physical exam and have X-rays taken. A MRI or ultrasound scan may be some of the other options to assist the diagnosis and determine the best treatment.

There are a few things you can do to heal quicker or even prevent rotator cuff tendonitis and I will get around to those soon.

In the mean time, remember that although you may not be able to lift up your arms, you can always lift up your face in prayer. God hears!

Mark 10:16
And He took them up in His arms, laid His hands on them, and blessed them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Corry. First, I think you G+ is not working or is just for me? Anyways, nice read! I had injured my right shoulder and was diagnosed as rotator cuff partial tear 3 years ago because I used to play tennis for 3-4 hours straight, 3x a week. I thought that it would be like scar and that it could heal itself but no, it did not. As a matter of fact, it got worse. I went to see my orthopedic surgeon, Dr Grossman and he advised me to have a stem cell therapy. My therapy was scheduled for 5 weeks and I was able to see and feel the effect several weeks after I had my last session. The session was OK its just that I had slight fever after therapy. But still, I'm happy coz my shoulder was back to normal and never had problems with it since then.

May 10, 2013 1:35 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Kirsten,
I am grateful to hear the therapy was successful and you are doing so well. May God continue to bless you! :-)

God's Grace.

May 10, 2013 8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014