« Home | Next: Reminder »
| Next: Bursting Bubbles »
| Next: Time Out, Time Off »
| Next: Prescriptions: The Price Is Right »
| Next: Expectations »
| Next: Spring Cleaning »
| Next: Brotherly Love »
| Next: Happy Thanksgiving! »
| Next: Thank You »
| Next: Research To The Rescue »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Saturday, December 10, 2005

Let Go, Let God

Sometimes one thing seems to be resolved when the next comes along. Sometimes I feel like "the gates of hell" have opened and all comes at the same time, overwhelming me. It is draining and stressful and it "seems" like there is no time to stop and smell the roses. No rest for the weary.

Why it seems that way is often due to one of the reasons below, or a combination of them.
  • a false sense of obligation: I feel forced to do something right now.
  • lack or weakness of faith: I have to solve this or it won't get done.
  • pride: I can solve this.
  • impatience: I want this to be resolved asap.
  • taking on responsibilities that aren't mine: Someone will or is about to hurt themselves by their own actions or words.

I am sure at times there are some other/more feelings or emotions that can be added to the list. And I am doing all to myself. There is time to rest and enjoy, if I only allow myself to let go and let God. The parable of the mustard seed comes to mind and two verses keep racing through my head. I will share both of them with you and take them to heart myself.

May y'all have a peaceful weekend and enjoy the blessings God has given.

Matthew 6:34
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

Matthew 11:28
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

10 Comments:

Blogger Patty said...

Good afternoon Corry,
Hope your week-end as gone nicely for you. I have to start some Christmas shopping and I truely hate shopping. I'm not like most females. Never did like to shop. If I can do it over the computer I do.
Patty

December 11, 2005 1:57 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Pat:

I am not really the shopping kind either. I don't like large crowds and when I go shopping, I look for what I need/want and make it quick haha. Yeah, we need to do some Christmas shopping as well. I am grateful it's not that much:-)

I hope you had a great weekend as well.

God's Grace.

December 11, 2005 5:00 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

hi Corry =D
Jesus loves you very much!
take care :)

December 11, 2005 6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love those verses and you know why. hehe...

God bless.

December 12, 2005 12:53 AM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Letting go and letting God is so important, but is not easy to do. Thanks for a wonderful post. It's really inspiring.

December 12, 2005 4:58 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Audrey:

Thanks you for visiting! Yes, isn't it great to know He does? Oh and you know what...He loves you too:-)

Pia:

I know why:-)
And may God give you all you desire and then some.

We hope to see you soon!!!

Kitty:

It is simple but not easy. Actually it is hard to do but that labor of love is so very much worth it:-)

God's Grace.

December 12, 2005 6:49 AM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

I can identify with every one of those things on the list!! I guess that means it's time for me to stop and smell some roses!! Thanks, Corry!

December 12, 2005 7:55 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Kristi:

Sometimes you should for God gave them to us to smell:-)

God's Grace.

December 12, 2005 9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't quote those two verses in my post last Thursday, but they were definitely in my thought and on my heart and had been for about three days nonstop with all I was going through.

All you say here about your thoughts and feelings are so true and I identify with them all so much. The older I get, though, and the more I go through, the more I understand about how vital it is, as I've been posting about the past couple of weeks, to just take one day at a time, one hour at a time, or even, sometimes, one moment at a time and try to get through that alone. Sometimes more than one moment at a time is more than I can bear.

But, God is good and loving and strong and always holds us near, even if we can't sometimes see Him there through our tears. He is there.

December 12, 2005 6:40 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Dee:

I think sometimes we are so absorbed in selfpity and hurt that we don't even notice He is holding us.

You know why there is only one set of footprints in the sand when things are rough, dont you? :-)

God's Grace.

December 12, 2005 6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014