« Home | Next: Brotherly Love »
| Next: Happy Thanksgiving! »
| Next: Thank You »
| Next: Research To The Rescue »
| Next: The Steel Horse »
| Next: Change »
| Next: For Better And For Worse »
| Next: Trade or Trait »
| Next: Say Cheese! »
| Next: E-mail List Prayer Request »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Saturday, November 26, 2005

Spring Cleaning

As soon as the weather got cooler, I got the cleaning- and fixing up-disease. Yeah, normally that illness is caught in spring! I guess I am a backward person, or just weird, haha. The house got attacked before Thanksgiving by doing all those things that had been put off for so long and once clean, made a major difference. I guess y'all know those tiny little things that need doing, but you dread and keep putting off. I justify it by saying:" I will do that sometime, but there are more pressing things to be done at the moment." They just seem to be such a hassle to do. Actually, they are done quicker then you think. At least...then I thought, haha.

Not only did I get the cleaning-fever concerning the house, but also regarding my blogs, as you can see. I tried to make it a bit more personal and inviting. I know... it's not the appearance that makes the blog but the contents. I hope you will keep visiting anyway, haha. In case you haven't figured it out yet, that is fishing for a compliment, but try not to feel obligated for you are not:-).

Speaking off a great looking blog and great contents, you ought to visit Kc's blog! "Debbie Travis' painted house" couldn't have a more "Divine Design" and "Curb Appeal" with the "Decorating Cents" he used to do a total make-over "While you were out". Plus...he did it faster then "Weekend Warriors"!

All that cleaning got me thinking about myself. My "house" needs a daily cleaning as well. Things to get rid off, to be replaced, fixed, or just a good scrubbing. To clean up my heart and mind so God's love can shine in every corner and reflect His love and grace. It's not something I can put off or justify not doing. And it is so simple! All I have to do is turn my will in the right direction and commit to it. Not easy, agreed, but worth it. A daily routine which results in wonderful consequences:-). Thank You Lord, for washing and polishing my heart, sweeping my mind and fixing my will.

I hope ya'll had a great Thanksgiving. I can tell you one thing: I know now how a stuffed turkey must feel, haha.

Psalm 51:10
Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've noticed the change. i like what you did in it. true, very inviting.

thanks for the hugs. c",)

November 28, 2005 2:11 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

I knew Pia would like the colors. ;-)

BTW the house looks great! (and I love you.)

November 28, 2005 3:14 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Pia:

Thanks, girl. And anytime you need a hug, just holler:-)

Kc:

I am glad you think the house looks great, ehh...what about me hehe?? Love you too very much.

God's Grace.

November 28, 2005 5:33 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

baby you da bomb! (grin)

November 28, 2005 5:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KC, you knew! i'm glad. hehe...

corry, i definitely will. c",)

November 28, 2005 8:14 PM  
Blogger Pecheur said...

Thanks for the stop by.

If only you knew...you may not be so nice. =)

November 28, 2005 11:21 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Pech:

I know how difficult it is to learn and just the fact you read and understand it, is truly a great accomplishment:-) I already had some problems translating it, haha.

Knowing tends to make me even more encouraging. I think you are doing great!

God's Grace.

November 29, 2005 6:49 AM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

I love the changes! Looks really good.

November 29, 2005 9:25 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Kristi:

Thank you, I have a great teacher:-)

God's Grace.

November 29, 2005 5:16 PM  
Blogger Lenise said...

I need some of that cleaning bug myself... I was at least maintaining the status quo for a while in anticipation of house hunters, but since I got sick, I've just not been able to motivate myself. I did finally put some clothes away last night... I guess that's SOMETHING!

The blog looks great- I like the sage green!

November 30, 2005 11:22 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Lenise:

I will pass on the cleaning-bug once you got rid of your sick-bug. I don't think they go together well right now:-)

Try not to feel too bad about not doing much, once you are getting well I think the energy to do stuff will come back. Everything for a reason and right now you have to take care of yourself. I would be happy to watch little Jay for you, hehe.

I am glad you like the changes to my blog. Thanks:-)

God's Grace.

November 30, 2005 4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014