« Home | Next: ASU Supplement »
| Next: Critter's Cooings Part VII »
| Next: Look Before You Leap »
| Next: Stay Away! »
| Next: Supplementing Facts »
| Next: Wisdom Takes Time »
| Next: Stirring The Pot »
| Next: Safety First »
| Next: Tree Hugger »
| Next: Critters' Cooings Part VI »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Our Little Rascal

Lil' Casey stayed with us last weekend. When I put him to bed, it is always difficult for me not to keep him up and play with him.

When I put him down I lay beside him, until he falls asleep. If I don't, he climbs out of bed and is back in the living-room before I am. He looks around at first and then at me. I pretend to be sleeping, otherwise he wants to get up.

He grabs my hand and starts clapping mine with his, puts my hand down, picks it up again and claps on it. Since he gets no reaction, he lifts his little arms above his head and starts clapping himself.

Okay, that doesn't work either. All that time I am watching him through my eye-lashes and have a hard time not to smile. Then he starts laughing out loud. Hehe.... waiting, hehehehe. No reaction. He gives up. His eye-lids are slowly closing and even the heavy thunderstorm can not keep him awake any longer.

I slowly slip out of bed and go back to the living-room. By that time he is already exploring dreamland.

Little does he know, how Oma had to bite her tongue not to laugh out loud with all his cute little attention drawers. One day I will tell him. :-)

I hope and pray he will never loose the ability to find joys and blessings in all that comes his way, but we will make sure he knows how blessed he is to be a child of God and always rejoice in and with Him.

1 John 3:2
Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Corry, He is blessed to have such a wonderful family who loves him so much. I know how hard it is to keep a straight face when they are being funny and you serious. :) It sounds like you had a great weekend with him. Blessings to you.

July 16, 2008 11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mamu, i'm so glad that all is well with you and your wonderful family. miss papu too. God bless you! love always...

July 17, 2008 1:53 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Amy,
It is not him, but us who are blessed with such cuties!

Oh, we had a great weekend. But each moment with them is great. I enjoy it to the fullest.

Many blessings to you and yours!

(((HUGS)))

Pia,
We miss you too, girl. We have been wanting to call you so many times, but forgot how many hours you were ahead and didn't want to wake you in the middle of the night.

You and yours are in our prayers.

(((HUGS)))

God's Grace.

July 17, 2008 6:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Morning Corry,

Thanks fo the update on my lit'l buddy and he will remember much more than you think when he gets older ? Those moments brings out the things God wants us to do in life and pass them to our children and grandchildren . When I was growing up my Granddaddy never whipped any of us grandboys ! He always sat us down and lectured us ? Many times I would have rather gone and get a peach tree switch ?

It is a blessing to me to know that my lit'l buddies are in such good care ! My oldest grandson [ 25 years old now ] was 3 years old when my daughter and military husband went to Germany for three years ?

I used to carry him to the country store and buy him banana popsicles when he got old enough to know that He loved them ? I thought he would have forgot about the banana popsicles after 2 years in Germany but when he came back to the states for a visit that was the first thing he asked about when he got off the plane in Tallahassee Fla. !

All children amaze me with thier little minds ? " Cole used to say when he was little that he wanted to grow up like paparon " but he has since then added more thoughts about growing up ?

Blessings.
grandpaw.

July 17, 2008 9:11 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Grandpaw,
You are probably right, they may remember more then we know.
It is so cute to read about your grandson and his banana popsickle. Some things really stick, huh? :-)

I have no doubt Cole still wants to grow up like his grandpaw. A good example has many followers. :-)

We will remember Cole in our prayers, as well as you and the rest of the family.

Many blessings to you, today and every day.

God's Grace.

July 17, 2008 9:51 AM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Amen to the last paragraph =)

July 18, 2008 2:09 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Audrey,
Praise God for loving us so much!

God's Grace.

July 18, 2008 4:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014