« Home | Next: Avocado »
| Next: Time Flies »
| Next: Faith »
| Next: Saving A Bundle »
| Next: An Apple A Day »
| Next: Skeeter Eater »
| Next: To All Mothers »
| Next: H1N1 Flu (Swine Flu) And Arthritis »
| Next: From The Heart »
| Next: Blackberries »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Sunday, May 17, 2009

Knocked For A Loop

April is still in the hospital and they found a cyst on her Thyroid. The doctor plans to do a biopsy to find out what it is. We don't know yet when that will take place, but it may be a cause for her severe nausea.

With April still in the hospital, we are keeping the boys almost on a daily basis. Even though it is very draining and hectic at times, it also gives us the opportunity to teach them and tweak their behavior here and there.

It also means they are feeling more at home here and that almost knocked me for a loop yesterday and I mean that in a literal sense.

Boys will be boys, I know that and they may play a little rough at times. I am prepared for that as well. What I was not prepared for what being used as a punch ball, even though it was totally unintentionally or all in good play.

Leo climbed in my lap and while doing so he threw his head back and almost dislocated my left jaw. Ouch, easy there little man!

A few moments later, lil' Kc decided he wanted in on the book reading and climbed on my lap as well, while doing so, he threw his head forward and almost knocked out on of my teeth. Ouch, easy there little man!

A little later, while Kc was sitting in my lap facing me, I was telling him that what he was pointing at was called a belt loop. He thought that was too funny and laughed his little head of at the word.

It also kind of made him recklessly playful and at one point he made a clawing motion at my face. I don't think he intended to touch me, but his little fingernails scratched my left eye ball. OUCH, easy there little man, if you do that one more time I will never look at you again!

Don't worry, I will live. Today, it still hurts when I blink. It's like I have a grain of sand in my eye, but it does not hurt as much anymore as it did yesterday and at least I am able to keep my eye open.

I know they are not quite aware of the possible consequences of their actions: they have to learn and be taught. I hope and pray they will learn and consider doing what is best and needed. May they only act out of love, hope and faith by following Christ's example. May God strengthen them to overcome and rid themselves of their pride and humble themselves to His word and way.

1 Samuel 2:3
"Talk no more so very proudly; Let no arrogance come from your mouth, For the LORD is the God of knowledge; And by Him actions are weighed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014