« Home | Next: A Good Cleaning »
| Next: Hope, Faith and Encouragement »
| Next: Skin Cancer Recognition »
| Next: Cleaning Tips »
| Next: Brought To The Attention »
| Next: Tornado »
| Next: Good Care »
| Next: One Step Ahead Of Allergies »
| Next: Herb, Herbal, Herbalife »
| Next: Cucumber »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Heart Healthy

In a previous post on Hypertension, also known as high blood pressure, I already mentioned that the right food can have a positive influence on it. This morning I read in the news how a study has proven that cereal lowers high blood pressure and should definitely be a part of your diet.

Since almost one in every three adults comes face to face with hypertension, it may be wise to consider eating more cereal. Not just any cereal for that matter, but that made with whole grains and has a decent amount of fiber.

For those among you who like knowing the numbers, here they are:
One serving per week can already lower the risk for high blood pressure by 7%, two to six servings per week 11%, and one or more servings per day equate to a lower risk of 19%

Adding fruits and nuts is not only delicious, but heart healthy as well, due to the extra anti oxidants. Remember, high blood pressure can eventually lead to heart attacks, strokes, and kidney problems.

I am sure we all like to do our best staying healthy and there are worst things then eating a bowl of cereal; it is tasty and filling.

God's word is healthy all the way around; it is our tasty, filling, daily bread!

Psalm 34:8
Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Corry, since I have been eating cereal it really has helped me feel better in the morning. For a long time I didn't take time for breakfast. It is the most important meal of the day. I think my mother told me that. Hope you are doing well. You and KC have been in my thoughts and prayers.

March 23, 2011 10:13 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Amy,
I used to start my day with a bowl of cereal, but lately the bad habit of skipping breakfast has kicked in. I felt a lot better eating the bowl of cereal!

((((HUGS)))

God's Grace.

March 24, 2011 8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014