« Home | Next: Another Ordeal »
| Next: Handling A Flare-Up »
| Next: A Gold Mine Of Information »
| Next: Rheumatoid Arthritis and COPD »
| Next: Finding Medicare Answers »
| Next: Eggplant »
| Next: Cilantro »
| Next: Some Warnings »
| Next: Quality and Trust »
| Next: Feast Or Famine »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Thursday, June 23, 2011

Laser Surgery

The verdict is in; I will have to have laser surgery in order to preserve my teeth and prevent the possibility of more infections.

After taking x-rays and a close examination, it so turns out I have a lot of bone loss going on in my jaws, which caused several deep, open pockets between the teeth and the gums. These are almost impossible to keep clean and could result in more bone loss and eventually loss of my teeth.

The treatment consists of laser surgery which ensures the gum tissue will adhere to the bone again and grow snug around the teeth, like it is supposed to be. It should be practically painless and is done in two parts; first one half of the mouth and two weeks later the other half.

The surgery is said to be almost painless, but it doesn't come without any inconvenience; I have to go on a soft diet for almost six weeks. Yeah, I will miss my crunchy toast and cereal, but at least I don't have to entirely let go of my chocolate addiction; I can let that melt in my mouth. Grin.

I am not looking forward to it, but I know God gives what is needed, when it is needed and although it may not be what I want, the outcome will be for the best and all in accordance with His will. How blessed we are with such a loving and caring Father! :-)

Isaiah 40:31
"But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint."

2 Comments:

Blogger audrey` said...

Chocolate ^grin^ Take care :)

July 01, 2011 4:54 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Audrey,
Noooo, not ^grin^, but ^YUMMMM^. :-D.

(((HUGS)))

God's Grace.

July 02, 2011 5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014