« Home | Next: The Preparation »
| Next: Finding Answers »
| Next: Laser Surgery »
| Next: Another Ordeal »
| Next: Handling A Flare-Up »
| Next: A Gold Mine Of Information »
| Next: Rheumatoid Arthritis and COPD »
| Next: Finding Medicare Answers »
| Next: Eggplant »
| Next: Cilantro »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Sunday, July 03, 2011

Half Way Done

The laser surgery was not bad at all. It took a little over an hour to get the entire right side of my mouth done. Yes, it was totally painless, which is no surprise since I got so much local anesthesia to last me a lifetime.

Two of those shots were the only ones that gave me grief, because they were given in my palette, but that didn't take long. Even after all the numbness had finally worn off, I was pleasantly surprised it didn't hurt much at all. It just felt a little sensitive and some parts of my gums were a little sore.

Ten days from now, the other side of my mouth will undergo the same treatment. I am not worried about it, knowing now what to expect. The only thing I am having a little trouble with is that soft diet.

There is enough I can eat, but somehow it doesn't feel like I am getting something substantial in my stomach. I suppose I miss my crunchy toast and tasty meats and grounding up the latter just doesn't appeal to me.

It is said that the more you chew, the quicker you feel full. It's true. I experience that first hand; I am not chewing much at all. Another 5 weeks to go and after that I can and will catch up. Grin.

In the mean time, I know I will not lack anything; God always provides! :-)

Psalm 136:25
Who gives food to all flesh, For His mercy endures forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014