« Home | Next: Expanding Our Horizon »
| Next: Feverfew »
| Next: Affordable Dentistry »
| Next: Life's Surprises »
| Next: Get What You Need »
| Next: Warding Off The Flu Part 2 »
| Next: Hand In Hand »
| Next: Warding Off The Flu »
| Next: Unnerve Pain and Strengthen Muscles »
| Next: Castor Oil Part 2 »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Saturday, March 24, 2012

Quiet Times

It has been rather quiet in and around our home ever since the grandchildren left and even though that gives us the time to catch up with some things that may have gone by the wayside, I find myself constantly diverting from all kinds of problems and situations which aren't as we would like them to be, but can do nothing about.

I am not sure what is going on and what God wants me to do, but where I used to be swamped with work, it has been slacking off substantially and I find myself with more time on my hands then I know what to do with. Well, that is not true; I have so many things I want to do, but I simply lack any and all gumption and energy to get up and get going.

Instead of putting my time to good use, I divert by playing some games on the computer, watching TV, and only doing what is necessary. It is like I am wandering around in the desert and am totally without any direction. I also know that everything happens for a reason, but I don't know what the reason for my lack of energy and gumption is.

Maybe it is the calm before the storm, or maybe it is just a break from all the troubles and trials and I should simply enjoy this quiet time and count it a blessing. God knows best and gives what is needed when it is needed!

Ecclesiastes 4:6
Better a handful with quietness Than both hands full, together with toil and grasping for the wind.

2 Comments:

Blogger audrey` said...

Sometimes we just need to take a rest upon His feet and listen to His message. Take care (((HUGS))) Lieve Zus!

March 24, 2012 9:38 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Audrey,
So true, Lieve Zus, so true! :-)
Take care as well.

(((HUGS)))

God's Grace.

March 24, 2012 9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014