« Home | Next: A Brilliant, Healthy Smile With Veneers »
| Next: A Wonderful Surprise »
| Next: Our Pre-Owned Nissan »
| Next: We Will See Her Again »
| Next: Rotator Cuff Tendonitis Treatment And Prevention »
| Next: Rotator Cuff Tendonitis Cause and Diagnosis »
| Next: Chickpeas / Garbanzo Beans Part 2 »
| Next: Chickpeas / Garbanzo Beans »
| Next: Avoid Head Injuries »
| Next: Get What Is Needed »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Friday, March 22, 2013

She Is Missed

Our four-legged friend is heavily on my mind this morning. It is kind of weird not having her around anymore. Every time I step out on the patio, I expect to see her lying there, roaming the yard, or come running up to me and I have to remind myself that is no longer going to be the case.

After she has been with us for almost ten years, I thought I had reached the phase where it is a matter of getting used to. I figured I was rather quick in accepting and adapting to it, since the hurt and emptiness only last for a moment after the realization that she is gone and I go on with daily life. I may have been wrong in thinking that.

The routine is hardest to break. When I learned this morning that it was going to be cold a couple of nights this coming week, I immediately thought we had to put the heater out for her. Around four in the afternoon, the reminder that it is her feeding time still crosses my mind on several occasions and I have to stop my automatic response of getting up and feeding her.

I used to make fun of our dog's name each time she managed to escape from our yard by stating that Mia stood for 'missing in action'. At present, all I can say is that she is missed, but the knowledge that God gives what is needed when it is needed is the greatest consolation!

2 Corinthians 1:7
And our hope for you is steadfast, because we know that as you are partakers of the sufferings, so also you will partake of the consolation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014