« Home | Next: A Good Trip Without Accidents »
| Next: Make A List »
| Next: Medication List Versus Trouble With The Law »
| Next: Taking A Break From Exercising »
| Next: Destination And Medication »
| Next: Knee-Relieving Exercises Part 3 »
| Next: An All Natural Solution »
| Next: Knee-Relieving Exercises Part 2 »
| Next: The Many Health Benefits Of Vitamin C »
| Next: Knee-Relieving Exercises »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Friday, September 27, 2013

Cooking Habits And Weight Loss

I came across an article this morning that addressed the issue I have been struggling with for a while now; why am I not loosing any weight? We hardly eat out, I watch our calorie intake, substitute sugar with Splenda, and use no salt.

Maybe it is my cooking habits they are talking about, so let's take a look at those. Do I use too much olive oil? I don't, because I already am painfully aware of the fact that just one tablespoon is over 100 calories and when I use it, I use as little as possible.

Nine out of ten times I know the serving size of our meals and I diligently stick to it. It makes adding up the daily calories a lot easier. I see no problems there.

I do not stick to a recipe, but substitute whenever possible. You will not taste the difference when using Splenda instead of sugar, or avocados or yogurt instead of cream. I even ensure to use non-fat yogurt which cuts the calories even more.

Most people have the tendency to munch on some of the ingredients while cooking. Since I don't, the advice to chew gum or drink some sparkling water while cooking is wasted on me, but it may help you out.

I hardly ever go for seconds and leftovers are being put away right after the meal. They don't tempt me and after reviewing all these possibilities for not loosing weight I can only come to one conclusion; I need exercise.

When you have done your part, tried everything, and nothing is working, you may have overlooked that one thing necessary which solves the entire problem; go to God. He has all the answers and solutions!

Matthew 6:33
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014