« Home | Next: Destination And Medication »
| Next: Knee-Relieving Exercises Part 3 »
| Next: An All Natural Solution »
| Next: Knee-Relieving Exercises Part 2 »
| Next: The Many Health Benefits Of Vitamin C »
| Next: Knee-Relieving Exercises »
| Next: A Brain Boost »
| Next: Alleviating Knee Pain »
| Next: Preventing And Alleviating Back Pain »
| Next: A Ton Of Fun »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Taking A Break From Exercising

I had heard it several times before, but now I am experiencing it for myself; as you get older, you are bound to gain weight. I have put on an extra 10 pounds over the course of a year and no matter what I do, I just haven't been able to loose it.

It is not that I am overweight. Most people would have thought I used to be skinny as a rail and according to the charts I could and should weigh even more. The problem is that hauling that extra weight around makes me feel rather uncomfortable in my own skin and I want to do something about it.

Yes, I should practice what I preach and diet and exercise. I have the diet down pat, the exercise however..., not so much. Just the thought of working-out already causes fatigue to set in and I use it as an excuse to take a break. I ought to give myself a kick in the britches instead and get busy.

I keep hoping to come across some exercises that don't require much time and effort. That is probably an idle hope and doesn't get the job done. I have to do my part, instead of hoping it will miraculously fall into my lap.

Not all hope is in vain though. Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Having faith in God will result in astonishing results. We have to do our part though and place our hope and trust in His hands!

Hebrews 10:23
Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014