« Home | Next: Trade or Trait »
| Next: Say Cheese! »
| Next: E-mail List Prayer Request »
| Next: Going Dutch »
| Next: About Patience... »
| Next: Holloween »
| Next: Happy Halloween »
| Next: Disabled »
| Next: Loving Care And Caring Love »
| Next: Our Daily Bread »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Tuesday, November 08, 2005

For Better And For Worse

RA has its ups and downs. Periods when my joints hurt, followed by periods when I don't have any pain at all. At those "good times", I noticed how easy it is to take being pain-free for granted and how quick I get used to living without pain. I know, that is how it should be but that doesn't mean I can safely assume that is how it always is going to be. And it is not! And then, when the pain strikes again, then... I realize how grateful I should have been for those pain-free times. Then I realize how God blessed me and how I accepted it without giving enough praise to Him. But when joints hurt, guess who is praying and asking?? Yep :-)


I heard in several occasions, when times are bad people turn away from God. When they experience good times they can't seem to find enough gratitude and can't seem to say often enough how good God is. Yes, we should count our blessings. But why run from Him when things get rough? Of all reasons, wouldn't that be the one to turn to Him?



I turn to Him when things are bad but tend to overlook His blessings in good times.
Many turn to Him when things are good but tend to overlook Him in bad times.

Why do we create that division? It is our responsibility to walk with Him through ALL times. Why would we abandon Him? He is there for us, in good times and bad times, for better and for worse.

Thank You Lord for all your blessings and thank You for being there for me, always:-)

Galatians 4:9
But now after you have known God, or rather are known by God, how is it that you turn again to the weak and beggarly elements, to which you desire again to be in bondage?

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can relate to that. when things are going the way i planned it, i can't thank God enough. but i also got to a point when i turned my back on Him, when i lost sean and matt. i find it easy to praise him when all things are well. but when things go wrong, the urge to turn my back on Him is so strong. i always learn my lessons the hard way. maybe because i used to be so stubborn.

November 08, 2005 10:05 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Pia:

I find myself in the opposite position. When things go wrong I turn to Him but when things are good I really tend to overlook that it is all His doing and don't give Him the praise for it. I remind myself constantly to look for the blessings and to be grateful. That works for me:-)

God's Grace.

November 09, 2005 7:49 AM  
Blogger Pilot Mom said...

Amen! Wonderful post, Corry! Bless you today! :)

November 09, 2005 10:16 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Claire:

Thanks Claire, it's like the pot calling the kettle black haha.
I pray you have a blessed day as well:-)

God's Grace.

November 09, 2005 6:28 PM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

Preach it!! haha Yes, this is so true. I try to encourage my friends who are going through hard times, that when you feel the most like NOT talking to God, is when you need to get on your knees and seek His face---whether it is good times or bad that you feel like not talking!

November 10, 2005 9:30 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Kristi:

That is great advice, girl. A true friend tells you what would be best to do, whether they like to hear it or not. That's love and care:-)

Now, we can debate about me preaching, hehe;-)

God's Grace.

November 10, 2005 9:41 AM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

Corry, whatever the debate is--you win!! I've had more than my share for now!!!

he he =)

PS Either you or Kc will have to post how you guys met sometime soon!!

November 11, 2005 1:27 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Daisy:

I questioned that myself and it prodded me to do a post on it. I now prioritize to either be thankful or ask His Help in any situation.

God's Grace.

November 12, 2005 7:17 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Daisy:

That is a good reminder! Thanks for sharing. And both you and your hubby are in our prayers.

God's Grace.

November 12, 2005 11:29 AM  
Blogger Maryrose said...

Although it happens, I don't ever want to "forget" my gratitude towards God. For even in my lowest moments I've been blessed so greatly and I am in awe of God's love for me (all his children).

November 19, 2005 6:40 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Maryrose:

God bless you!

God's Grace.

November 19, 2005 7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014