« Home | Next: E-mail List Prayer Request »
| Next: Going Dutch »
| Next: About Patience... »
| Next: Holloween »
| Next: Happy Halloween »
| Next: Disabled »
| Next: Loving Care And Caring Love »
| Next: Our Daily Bread »
| Next: Prayer List »
| Next: Care...Less »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Sunday, October 30, 2005

Say Cheese!

Yep, we have cheese in the States, but the choice is rather limited. How so?? Ok, here is why, hehe.

Gouda, Edammer, Leerdammer, Zaanlander, Limburger, Maaslander, Kernhem, Cummin cheese, smoked cheeses, cheese spreads and goat cheeses are SOME of the cheeses made and sold in the Netherlands. Add to that the imported French, Swiss and Italian cheeses and you have a rich assortment to choose from.

And if that is not enough, there is a choice of what age of cheese you would like. The cheeses are stored in warehouses until they are ready to be sold. You can have the following choices:

  • Young cheese: sold after aging for about 4-5 weeks
  • Young aged cheese: aged for 2 months
  • Aged cheese: 4 months old
  • Extra aged cheese: 7-8 months old
  • Old cheese: over 1 year old

The difference is in texture and taste. Young cheese has a very mild taste. The older the cheese, the sharper and saltier the taste and the color varies from light yellow for young to even light orange for old. You can get it in slices, shredded, in cubes or pieces in all kinds of seizes. No wonder the Dutch are also referred to as "Cheeseheads", haha. With so much diversity it's highly unlikely you won't find one to tickle your taste-buds and/or to develop a preference for.

It's the same with people. We meet many. Some we like, some we don't. God commands us to love our neighbor like we love ourselves. That's simple, but not easy. However, practice makes perfect. Although we can never be perfect, we can strive to become as perfect as we can be. Oh, how wonderful the joy, happiness and gratefulness, knowing God loves every one of us, without preference or exception!

Galatians 2:6
But from those who seemed to be something, whatever they were, it makes no difference to me; God shows personal favoritism to no man, for those who seemed to be something added nothing to me.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've been getting the same message for the past days. you may not know it but your post is like God telling me to do something. this is very hard but i'm going to take my chances. i know now that this is what God wants me to do.

corry, thanks for this. i'll post about it. i'll let you know.

God bless.

October 30, 2005 5:47 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Pia:

God bless you in your trials and your efforts. We are praying for you.

God's Grace.

October 30, 2005 6:01 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Corry I'm worried now. Have you developed a taste for American singles?????? ;-)

October 30, 2005 6:05 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Yup I did, and I married him too :-)

October 30, 2005 6:06 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

jcstormy:

By default I had no clue what the Packers had to do with cheese but I got a good explanation from Kc:-)

God's Grace.

October 30, 2005 8:49 AM  
Blogger sofyst said...

Blessed Assurance God is still in control. Only the providence of God would allow my eyes to glance upon such a blessed ode to the wonderful miracle that we call 'cheese'.

hehe

One must wonder though what would possess you to draw the parallel between people and cheese. I would have never done so. Cheese is so much more perfect and beautiful and blessed of God than any dirty human...

October 30, 2005 6:18 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Adam:

Thank you so much for your visit. I am honored:)

I know, I know, we are all sinners and there is nothing good about us. However, God loves us so much He not only gave His only begotten Son for us but He also blesses us everyday. And one of those blessings was to expose to us how to make cheese. So... enjoy the cheese God blessed a dirty human to make (grin).

October 31, 2005 7:12 AM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

I am such a cheese-lover!!! I add cheese to everything, no joke. I'm sure I would just think I was in heaven if I visited the Netherlands!

October 31, 2005 3:21 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Kristi:

Knowing you are such a cheese-lover, you may not come back! So if you should go there, do it after the camping trip, hehe.

God's Grace.

October 31, 2005 6:25 PM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

Maybe I should just go camping in the Netherlands with a backpack full of cheese!! =)

October 31, 2005 9:14 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Kristi:

Yeah, you would have a blast!

BTW, that's a nice way of saying: thanks, but no thanks haha. Teasing you girl:-)

God's Grace.

November 01, 2005 7:27 AM  
Blogger Patty said...

Corry,
I love the sharp cheeses and also the ones that smell a little. With my nose not working properly and my taste buds only half working, I think that is the reason I like smelly, old sharp cheeses.

Have a happy day. Rainy here.

November 01, 2005 10:58 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Patty:

Sorry to hear your smell and taste are only half working. You prolly miss out on a lot that way. Then again...in some cases that may not be bad:-)

November 01, 2005 1:01 PM  
Blogger Patty said...

Yes, in some cases it isn't too bad. When I use to baby sit the youngest grandchild, I had to constantly check her diaper, by peering down the back. Since I couldn't rely upon the nose. Our daughters couldn't believe I couldn't smell her.

But it's bad if something is burning on the stove or else where.

Have a great day. Chilly here but sun is out and the sun always makes you feel better.

November 02, 2005 9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love cheese. I don't like goat milk. A long time ago my mother and father were divorced. I lived with mother. To make ends meet she often worked for people cleaning house. One old man had goats. We stayed there a while In the mornings for breakfast I would get a bowl of corn flakes or wheaties. Mom would have to go out and milk the goat and she brought that in and poured it on my cereal. It was "AWFUL" and for the longest time afterwards I couldn't eat cereal. So I can imagine goat cheese would be really bad.

November 04, 2005 12:33 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Abraham:

Thanks for dropping by. Long time no see. I hope you are doing well.

I am not particularly fond of goat cheese. I have never tasted goat milk, but if it tasts anything like the cheese, then I don't think I would like it either:-)

I heard goats eat anything. Maybe that's why their milk tasts so different, haha.

God's Grace.

November 04, 2005 12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014