« Home | Next: Happy 2006 »
| Next: Almost A Century »
| Next: My Christmas List »
| Next: Christmas »
| Next: The True Spirit »
| Next: Ponderings »
| Next: God's Grace »
| Next: Road Map »
| Next: Let Go, Let God »
| Next: Reminder »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Monday, January 02, 2006

Word For 2006

After reading Paula and Pia's blog, I considered it a very good question to think about a word for 2006.

The very first and only word that crossed my mind was LOVE in every meaning of the word. Love for God, love for my husband, my children, friends, Christian love.

Finding God's love in my life has made such a huge difference. Knowing He loves me fills my heart with joy. It gives me hope and faith. It is encouraging. It gives me safety, security and comfort, knowing He is always there with and for me. I am humbled by it because I know I don't deserve it and yet it is given to me.
I have also experienced how wonderful it is to be loved by those in my life, how God's love reflects through/in them. It has the same effect and I am so thankful for all of them.

I would like to grow and nurture a stronger love for God and to learn from Our Lord how to give more love, to be more loving, to reflect His love and be a testimony of His love. I would like for others to experience as well, what a huge difference His love makes:-).

So...my word is "love". And not just for 2006:-). What is your word?

1 John 4:16
And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.

9 Comments:

Blogger Kristi B. said...

Love is great. My word is "passion." But, I think you knew that already!! =)

January 02, 2006 11:29 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Kristi:

Yeah, I already knew:-)
I think it's great. If we could do everything with passion we might succeed more. What do you think?

Jayne:

Correct me if I am wrong, but obviously you did listen otherwise you wouldn't have realized this?:-)

I am grateful for the Bible Study. Thank you so much!

God's Grace.

January 02, 2006 2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonderful! mine is FAVOR. may God's favor be upon us all. c",)

January 02, 2006 9:21 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Very well said, Corry :)

To love and be loved is so essential in every person.

A little love makes a big difference ;)

I'll think of my word for 2006. Haha!

January 02, 2006 10:05 PM  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

Great blog - regarding the idea of choosing a word. Well, there is no greater word than love. Yet, the word that came to my mind first for me was/is "sacrifice." Also, I will add, "following." I'm sick of my own way. I want to follow God, and to sacrifice my way in doing so. Maybe "humility."

January 03, 2006 11:13 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Andrea:

I think those are great words and an great attitude.

I can only say all the words mentioned here are great and the reasons behind them are admirable and encouraging. May God give us the wisdom and the strength to achieve our goals and live up to all the words mentioned here.

Jayne:

I know what you mean, been there, done that (still am sometimes:-)).
I hope to improve that too.

Blessed Tuesday, sis!

God's Grace.

January 03, 2006 12:47 PM  
Blogger Joyce said...

Cory,

Still working on my word. So many to choose from. When I decide for sure which one, I'll post about it on my blog.

Your choice is great and I like what you said about it.

Blessings and *hugs*

January 03, 2006 11:15 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Joyce:

I am looking forward to reading what your word will be. I know it will be a good one as well:-)

God's Grace.

January 04, 2006 7:58 AM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

My word this year is "creativity". Our God is the Creator and Ultimate Artist, and we are made in His image. I'd like to use God's given creativity to serve Him and people.

January 04, 2006 9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014