« Home | Next: Beautiful People »
| Next: My Little Buddy »
| Next: Spill The Beans »
| Next: Creation »
| Next: What's In A Name?! »
| Next: Vitamin C »
| Next: Scribbles »
| Next: Little Baby, Great Blessing »
| Next: What Is Weird?? »
| Next: Dense »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Sunday, March 25, 2007

Blonde Conversation

I am not a big fan of cell-phones. I hate those things. They are so aggravating, life-interrupting at times, dangerous too (seeing so many with that thing grown to their ear while driving). But they sure come in handy every now and than. And I was grateful to be able to use April's the other day. Although listening to one part of a conversation can give a totally warped perspective on things, especially only hearing my part, haha.

Last Friday both April and little Casey had a doctor's appointment. Little Casey had been running a slight fever for several days and April was developing a very tight relationship with the bathroom, due to a beginning bladder-infection. She called and asked if I wanted to come over and help out some and accompany her and little critter to the doctor. Sure, I'd love to! So, she picked me up early that morning.

Kc was having a load of work and once he buries himself into it, he gets so pre-occupied, he totally forgets to see to his own food- and water-intake. Knowing that, I usually make sure to keep him "fueled and tanked up". Since both appointments were middle of the afternoon, I anticipated I might be back no sooner then supper-time and made a note to self, to remind him.

While we were waiting for April to be called in, we updated Kc and I thought I would check on him while having him on the phone. Now picture this: A waiting room (downtown), at a doctor's office (!), hearing only my end of the conversation:

Me: "Hey Honey, how are you?"
Kc: "I am doing fine. Still very busy with work."


Me: "Did you eat?"
Kc: "Yep, got myself some sandwiches for lunch".


Me: " Oh good. Did you drink?"

As soon as that question was posed, both April and Kc started laughing and it occurred to me how odd that must have sounded.
Kc (laughing): "I got a cup coffee."

Me: (half laughing, half embarrassed) "Ehh... I mean, did you take some Crystal?"
(What I meant by that was the Crystal Light Orange drink, but Crystal is also used to refer to a certain type of drug!)


Kc was in a stitch and I thought April was gonna fall of her chair, laughing. And to make things worse I realize how it sounds and say:
" Oh gosh.... that sounds horrible!"

A good thing, there was only a handful of people in the waiting room and April and I were sitting all the way in the back, so hopefully no one heard it, haha. But we sure got a good laugh out of it!

And yes, little buddy was fine, nothing to worry about and both he and April are doing well. Thank You, Lord.

Sometimes words do not clearly convey what we mean and may give a false impression. We may even be judged by others by what is heard and/or assumed, without them having full knowledge or understanding of the matter.
Even in prayer, sometimes it's difficult to find the words I would like to say and at times I can not even find the words at all. At those times it's so comforting to know that God understands and knows in full. Even in that He provided for us! :-)

Romans 8:26
Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lenise said...

How nice to have help and company at the doc's office! I'm glad you were able to go. That grandbaby sure is cute! I'm starting to have dangerous thoughts about another tiny little person... If only we knew a little bit more about the future, it might make a little more sense. *Sigh*

March 26, 2007 12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Corry, What a funny story. I am so glad I was not eating lunch. I would have had to clean the computer. I am not a fan of cell phones either. I was in the grocery a while back and was standing by someone waiting to get to the fish when they began talking. I thought they were talking to me so I responded. I got a weird look and when they turned their head they were wearing one of those little phones that hook on your ear. Boy, did I feel silly. I decided not to wait on the fish. I left. Call me chicken. lol!

March 26, 2007 3:01 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Lenise,
I can imagine you got your hands full. I suggest you move more closer and I will be more then happy to go with you!! :-)

Maybe you can just wait a little until you know what the future holds?? All will be revealed in God's time. God bless you, girl. Still praying for y'all.

Amy,
Haha, I can just picture that! That's funny, girl. :-D
I won't call you chicken, how about I just call you. grin.

Have a great evening!

God's Grace.

March 26, 2007 9:04 PM  
Blogger Redeemed said...

Hi Corry,

You are too funny, and you're also very sweet.

Your post made me remember a blonde joke our Pastor once told us. A husband once bought a cellphone for his blonde wife. The next day, he calls her on the cell to find out if she's enjoying her new phone. "Ah yes, honey, I am, but...how did you know I was at Wallmart?"

haha, just a cute joke to lighten your day!

Sarah

March 27, 2007 12:33 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Sarah,
Hahaha, that was funny!
Thanks for sharing and lightening up my day. :-)

I find those simplest jokes to be the funniest. Like this one: two blondes are walking side by side in the mall. Says one to the other:" Let me walk in the middle for a while!"

Have a joyful and blessed day, lil' sis.

God's Grace.

March 28, 2007 6:58 AM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Amen!
I'm so happy that Baby Casey and April are doing fine =)
Praise the Lord.

March 28, 2007 11:23 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Audrey,
Yes, we are too! May God keep blessing them, and you! :-)

(((HUGS)))

God's Grace.

March 29, 2007 7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014