« Home | Next: All Natural »
| Next: Decisions, Decisions »
| Next: H1N1 (Swine Flu) Vaccination »
| Next: Sweet Dreams »
| Next: Are You Being Bugged? »
| Next: A DASH For A Diet »
| Next: Health and Home Security »
| Next: Lesson Learned »
| Next: Hypotension aka Low Blood Pressure »
| Next: Gaining Wisdom »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Thursday, September 17, 2009

Bone Density

My visit to the Rheumatologist went not so well this last go around. She had ordered a bone density test, or DEXA as it is called as well, and that did not come out so good. Apparently my bones have slowly but surely gotten to the point where a daily dose of calcium is needed.

To be honest with you, I am not really surprised. I have developed some bad habits. I used to drink a glass of milk each morning after getting up, followed by a cup of tea and bowl of cereal. That has changed; instead I feast on coffee and most of the times even skip breakfast. Don't ask me why, I have no explanation for it and no excuse either.

I also know that exercise stimulates strengthening of the bones. I suppose you already guessed it: no or hardly any exercise on this end. I am not by any means a couch potato, I just lack the gumption and the energy to get going and get busy most of the time.

It sure is a wake up call though, which I can no longer ignore. The thread mill is in order, but I am not looking forward to it. I have got to go through it though, to reap the benefits of my labor in the future.

We may not always like what we get or what we are being confronted with. We may as well accept it and go through it as best as we can. Eventually we will reap the benefits of it. :-)

Hebrews 12:11
Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

huggs
sis

September 17, 2009 8:47 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Janice,
Thanks dear sister. I hope you are doing well.

(((HUGS)))

God's Grace.

September 18, 2009 6:14 AM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Hard boiled chicken egg white has a lot of calcium too =)

September 24, 2009 9:15 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Audrey,
Thanks Lieve Zus, I did not know that. I knew the egg shell was pure calcium, just not so tasty, haha.

God's Grace.

September 24, 2009 12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014