« Home | Next: Up To Speed »
| Next: How Cool is That?! »
| Next: Friendships and Chronic Conditions »
| Next: Extra Savings For Expecting Moms »
| Next: Currant »
| Next: Live Entertainment »
| Next: Babies and Travel »
| Next: Time Flies »
| Next: Bone Density »
| Next: All Natural »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Thursday, September 24, 2009

Open Up

When being told for the first time that I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, my initial reaction was rather vague; like I could care less. It had not fully sunk in yet and it took about a day or so before it finally did.

It hit me hard and I felt devastated when I understood what that would mean to my life. At that time, the prognoses were not as optimistic as they are now, with all the new medications. I would end up in a wheel chair, at best.

I was determined not to let that happen and struggled my way through excruciating pain. Yeah, sometimes it pays off to be hard headed. It was not easy though and if I had to do it all over again, I would have incorporated what I am about to advise you to do: talk!

Talk as much as you can to anyone who is willing to listen. Voice your fears, concerns and feelings. Don't bottle it up: open up! It will make you feel better, give others more understanding and allows for positive feedback.

No one has to carry this burden by themselves, it will eat you from the inside out and there is no need for that. Life presents enough problems without you adding on to it. God knew that too well and provided for us, so we would not have to go through it alone.

Psalm 55:22
Cast your burden on the LORD, And He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.

4 Comments:

Blogger audrey` said...

Problem shared is halved. Happiness shared is doubled.

(((HUGS))) Lieve Zus. Take care.

September 24, 2009 9:03 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Audrey,
Thanks, I did not know the english expression for it, just the Dutch. Grin.

Gedeelde smart is halve smart = Problems shared is halved.

(((HUGS)))

God's Grace.

September 24, 2009 12:35 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Very good =) I'm learning a Dutch phrase now. HeHe! Have a wonderful evening, Lieve Zus!

September 24, 2009 6:21 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Audrey,
You are probably learning more then I do now: there are times when I talk to our girls overseas and can not even think of the Dutch words anymore, haha. A good thing they speak English. Grin.

Have a very blessed day, Lieve Zus.

God's Grace.

September 25, 2009 9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014