« Home | Next: Healthy Apps On The Go »
| Next: It Works For Us »
| Next: Satsuma Fruit »
| Next: When Buying Medications Online... »
| Next: Dengue Fever Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention »
| Next: Turning Up The Heat »
| Next: Dengue Fever »
| Next: Pressing Matters Take Time »
| Next: Taking A Break »
| Next: Meningitis Treatment, Prevention and Prognosis »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Thursday, November 15, 2012

You Know You Are Getting Old....

- When you look upon having a second cup of coffee in the morning as living dangerously.
Seriously, this really happened a few days ago. After having enjoyed our first cup of coffee in the morning, we both longed for another one. We normally switch over to tea or decaf, but this time we decided to live dangerously and have another cup of the real java.

- When you wake up in the morning being all stiff and sore from doing nothing?
Yeah, I know; sitting around all day and being inactive is not really helping the cause. I just lack the gumption to get going.

- When you lack the gumption to get going.
I didn't used to think twice about getting things accomplished; I would jump up and get it done and over with. Nowadays, it takes me quite a while to build up the energy and prepare myself mentally for the task at hand.

- When washing and drying your hair has grown into this huge mountain you have to climb.
It is not very appealing taking the first step when you are standing at the foot of it and your neck hurts just from looking at the top. The goal seems so far away.

- When putting on make-up takes at least twice as long as it used to.
No wonder. All those cracks and that sagging didn't happen overnight. I therefore can't expect to fill and make them less noticeable within an hour or so. BTW, even after the renovation is completed they are still present.

I don't think I am the exception to the rule and suspect the thought that you are getting old has crossed your mind on an occasion or two. Please, share. I would love to hear them. A trouble shared is a trouble halved! Grin.

Oh well, God knows all about it and gives what is needed, when it is needed. I try to approach it from a positive standpoint by seeing it as a blessing. Every time people mention they must be getting old, I reply: "I sure hope you will!"

Isaiah 46:4
Even to your old age, I am He, And even to gray hairs I will carry you! I have made, and I will bear; Even I will carry, and will deliver you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014