« Home | Next: Bible Study 2006 »
| Next: Word For 2006 »
| Next: Happy 2006 »
| Next: Almost A Century »
| Next: My Christmas List »
| Next: Christmas »
| Next: The True Spirit »
| Next: Ponderings »
| Next: God's Grace »
| Next: Road Map »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Friday, January 06, 2006

Birthday

No, it's not my birthday:-) Just some ramblings that I would like to throw out here. Why do we celebrate our birthday or rather what birthday should we celebrate? Let me explain that question.

Life is the gift of God. There is a big difference in being born and having life. The physical birth is a gift of life as far as the body and it's functions concern, birth of the flesh, nothing more. We are all born as sinners, that is not something to celebrate, is it? Actually, being born a sinner is death. But...the fleshly birth is the potential for life in the spiritual sense, everlasting life!
John 6:47
Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life.

Now wouldn't/shouldn't that be THE day to celebrate our birth?!

John 3:6-8
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’

4 Comments:

Blogger Pilot Mom said...

Well, I for one, celebrate both my physical birthday AND my spiritual birthday. My physical BD is coming up soon, Jan 12...I'll be 52. My SBD is Nov 6 1972. What a glorious day that was for me! :)

January 06, 2006 7:49 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Hi Corry :)

How is your cough and Casey's back?
Please take care =D

January 07, 2006 12:30 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Claire:

That is wonderful! I am all for that. My BD is long ways off and when it comes to my SBD I feel like a spring-chicken compared to you. It was August 2002:-)

So...when is your BD-party??? hehe.

Audrey:

Casey's back is fine and we are so grateful for that, but he caught my cold and he is not feeling very well. I pray he will get over it soon.
My cold turned into a bad bronchitis and the doc gave me all kinds of meds and anti-biotics for it. So that should clear up pretty quick as well.

Thank you so much for your care and concern, we really appreciate it. You are such a blessing:-)

God's Grace.

January 07, 2006 6:43 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Jayne:

I am a few years shy from turning 50 ( oh my, that sounds so old!), but I have never felt so alive inside. I think you are right, the older we get the more we come to appreciate His blessings.

I can't say it enough...God is so good:-)

God's Grace.

January 07, 2006 5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014