« Home | Next: When Life Gives You Lemons... »
| Next: A Blessed And Happy Easter »
| Next: What Did You Say? »
| Next: Quiz »
| Next: Simplicity »
| Next: One Year! »
| Next: Red Alert! »
| Next: Camping »
| Next: Time Off »
| Next: Confusing Cultural Differences »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Just 10???

Claire posted a meme about 10 simple pleasures of life. As I was contemplating on those pleasures, I came up with so many that it almost seemed a crime to limit them to 10, haha. Sorry guys, this could turn out to be a long list and I could/would completely understand if you don't like to waste your time on it. Well, here I go (grin) in random order:

1. The sun on my face.
2. A rainy day, curled up on the couch with a cup of tea, snug as a bug.
3. A walk in the woods.
4. Reese's peanutbutter-cups
5. Sitting on the beach, listening to the waves.
6. The boyish look on Kc's face when he smiles.
7. The sparkle in his eyes when he laughs.
8. Hearing Noor's voice on the phone.
9. Finding peace in God
10. Hearing from our other girls.
11. Looking at flowers in bloom.
12. Gardening.
13. Combing the beach.
14. Praying
15. Loving Mia, our dog.
16. A good movie.
17. Cuddling up against Kc.
18. Other people's blessings.
19. Seeing a drawing come to live under my hands.
20. Our blogger-friends.
21. Having all we need.
22. Having so many blessings that this list could go on and on:-)

I call them blessings instead of simple pleasures. And I don't consider them "simple" either, they are awesome! I am grateful for each one of them because I know, being the sinful person I am, I am not worthy of any. God is gracious and merciful. He is a loving God!

So what are your awesome blessings?

Ephesians 2:4
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,

11 Comments:

Blogger Pilot Mom said...

Oh, let's not even get started on Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!!!! Awww, man! ;)

April 18, 2006 11:41 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Hahaha Claire,
I love those things too! Sad part is, I ate them all and am going through withdrawls....deep sigh:-(

God's Grace.

April 18, 2006 12:06 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Jayne,
Yes dear sister! But you know, when it comes to peanut butter cups....I AM TOO EXCITED TO SLEEP! hahaha.

God's Grace.

April 18, 2006 1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Corry,
I'm eating all the one's from Colette's Easter Basket right now. I just had to throw that in!
As for simple pleasures, I could match your list pretty closely. (Except for cuddling up with Kc!) But seriously, it's so good to get our minds back onto the blessings, especially when the hard stuff takes over. In fact, I would have to say being able to give God the hard and hurtful stuff is right up there at the top of my list!
much love to you!
Karyn

April 18, 2006 5:05 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Karyn, duh, thanks for telling me about the contents of Colette's Easter basket (grin, twitch, drool).

As for the blessings, that is definitely the one to put on top! Thank you.
Another blessing: friends who remind you of more awesome blessings:-)

Love you, dear sister.

God's Grace.

April 18, 2006 9:17 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Yeahhhhh!
A fruit and groente party on the beach with our blogger friends :)
It's simply wonderful, lieve zus!

April 19, 2006 1:10 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Audrey,
That sounds great! We can have a fire and roast marshmallows and...oh no we can't, Jayne would be counting calories instead of having fun (grin)...roast pine-apple and brocolli, hehe.
Oh I like that idea. May God grant us to have a party with all our blogger friends some day!

God's Grace.

April 19, 2006 7:06 AM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

ha ha ha. These comments made me laugh! =)

my simple pleasures would include sunrises and sunsets, the beach, feeling the wind in my face, a fresh cup of coffee, a fast-paced, risk-filled adventure, road trips, and definitely, REESE'S PEANUT BUTTER CUPS! (oh wait, that was already mentioned.... several times, wasn't it?)

April 19, 2006 1:46 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Kristi,
YES, they were already mentioned several times (grin), but hey, with your last name being what it is, you can't avoid throwing them back in, hahahaha.

Oh I like your list very much as well, except for the fast-paced, risk-filled adventure. I prolly would think twice about that, unless Kc wouldn't mind ending up with a blue arm! hehe.

God's Grace.

April 19, 2006 2:21 PM  
Blogger Seeker said...

You certainly are blessed...
I would like to join you on a few of those fun things, because it's great to share blessings.

April 19, 2006 7:19 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Karen,
And I think you are blessed as well:-)
Yeah, let's share, when possible. I love that idea. Maybe we can sometime and I pray that's God's will as well.

God's Grace.

April 20, 2006 4:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014