« Home | Next: Camping »
| Next: Time Off »
| Next: Confusing Cultural Differences »
| Next: His Provision »
| Next: Dutch Sayings II »
| Next: Inspiring »
| Next: Statistics »
| Next: In Love And Hate part II »
| Next: In Love And Hate »
| Next: Dutch Sayings »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Thursday, March 30, 2006

Red Alert!

Amber: "Corry, if you go into the building, move stuff around, be careful because it's the time for the brown recluse".

Me: "Oh okay. Thanks for the warning."

Amber: "Do you know what they look like? I can show you a picture."

Me (already shuddering by the thought of a spider-pic): "No!"

Amber: "Would you like me to show you a picture?"

Me ( half grossing out): "NOOO!"

Amber: "Or what they can do to your skin?"

Me (totally grossing out now): "NOOOOOOOOO, thanks!!! I 'll tell you what. When I see a spider...I just kill it!"

That settled the matter to everyone's satisfaction and I appreciated her warning:-)

Forewarned is forearmed, or as the Dutch saying goes: a warned man counts for two. It's odd though how a warning often feels like and is taken as a threat and false pride tosses it aside because "I know that is not going to happen to me, I will make sure of that!" And then I am so surprised when I find myself in exactly that situation that I was warned about. Well, eventually I learned that a warning is given as help and instruction to have a better, happier life. To avoid the pit-falls. It's given out of love and care and a guideline to reach the goal successfully. Just like God's written Word!:-)

Have you noticed how many warnings there are in The Bible and did you ever wake up in the nightmarish situation that you were warned about?

Ezekiel 33:5
He heard the sound of the trumpet, but did not take warning; his blood shall be upon himself. But he who takes warning will save his life.

21 Comments:

Blogger Lenise said...

Yikes! I know what black widows look like, but don't know about the brown recluses, though, like you, I don't especially want to study photos!

March 30, 2006 12:05 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Lenise,
I know vaguely what black widows look like and I was told, to be sure if it was a black widow, to look for the "hour-glass" on their bellies. Like I am going to turn them over to find out...yeah right!! haha.
I stand by my motto: the only good spider is a dead one!:-)

God's Grace.

March 30, 2006 12:51 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Jayne,
Haha, that may be so, but I will help him with his insomnia and put him to sleep! (grin)

God's Grace.

March 30, 2006 4:47 PM  
Blogger Seeker said...

Little Miss Muffet
Sat on her tuffet
Eating her curds and whey.
Along came a spider
And sat down beside her
And frightened Miss Muffet away.

Black widow or brown recluse?

March 30, 2006 9:01 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Karen,
And Miss Muffet came back
ready for attack
holding a shoe in her hand
the shoe came down
before the spider could frown
and send him to lala-land

Black pump or white tennisshoe? (grin)

God's Grace.

March 31, 2006 7:39 AM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

Ha ha ha. eewwwwww. yuck! My perfect world would be one without any bugs, or rodents, or things that fly. All of the above scare me! (I'm such a girl) =)

March 31, 2006 8:27 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Kristi,
C'mon now, if you were "such a girl", you wouldn't be the Annie Oakley in hunting, hehe.
BTW, did you ever consider how many fleas, ticks and whatever else have ya, you put out of business with that one shot?!?! (grin)

God's Grace.

March 31, 2006 9:01 AM  
Blogger Patty said...

Corry,
I don't like any kind of spider, except the ones we call granddaddy long legs, they have the teeny tiny body and those long skinny legs. I don't bother them even when they are in the house. But I don't care for any other kind.

Hope you had no ill effects from the camping trip. Have a wonderful week-end.
Patty

March 31, 2006 2:02 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Patty,
I don't mind those either, but anything else really grosses me out.

Camping went great! The "ill" effects I have right now are not from camping. A little bug made itself comfy in my stomach since yesterday and I feel yukkie, weak, crabby and irritable. But that too shall pass:-)

Have a blessed weekend!

God's Grace.

March 31, 2006 2:56 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Dear Corry

Wishing your Mummy a very Blessed and Happy Birthday!
May our good Lord bless your Mummy abundantly :)

April 01, 2006 6:13 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Audrey,
You remembered!!! She will be honored:-)
Thank you very much, lieve zus.

Een gezegend weekend!

God's Grace.

April 01, 2006 6:54 AM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Dear Corry, Hehe I also fear spider. Thanks for the warning about the warningsin The Bible.

Nice picture you've got here Corry :)

April 01, 2006 5:23 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Kitty,
Thanks:-)
I think you already were aware of the warnings, prolly even before I was:-)
You know, we could start a new PETA group: People Exterminating Terrifying Arachnea, haha.

God's Grace.

April 01, 2006 6:35 PM  
Blogger Seeker said...

Hahahaha.
I never heard the second verse. Are there more?

April 01, 2006 7:29 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Karen,
There are as many verses as "Dutch Sayings", hehe.

Here is verse three:

The spider looked flat
which was kind of bad
Miss Muffet was somewhat relieved
gone was her fear
but it was very near
the spider's family grieved

Blessed Sunday!:-)

God's Grace.

April 02, 2006 9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hate spiders!!! they're so... so... i just hate 'em. =)

thank you for listening to me rant last friday. thank you also for praying. i'm better now. luv yah, much!

April 03, 2006 1:23 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Pia,
You can say it: they're so...so...yukkie! hehe

You are more then welcome, what are parents for?!:-)
Love you too, girl.

God's Grace.

April 03, 2006 6:33 AM  
Blogger Cinder said...

I too hate spiders...they make me feel like my skin's crawling! When we were in the States this summer, a relative found a brown recluse under their pillow when they were making the bed in the morning, so they killed it and left it on the table, so their Canadian relatives could get a good look at what it was. Then they proceeded to tell us what would happen if it ever bit us! I didn't need that science lesson!

Have a great week...God bless you!

April 03, 2006 4:04 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Cinder,
I am glad they found it before someone got hurt!
I bet you don't want to see pictures either?!?! hehe.

Have a blessed week!

God's Grace.

April 03, 2006 5:16 PM  
Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

Too many times to count. Yes...heed all advice. Never know when it is an angel in disguise telling you to take care! ;)

April 04, 2006 12:37 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Marianne,
So true! God works in mysterious ways:-)

Welcome back girl!

God's Grace.

April 04, 2006 6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014