« Home | Next: Time Off »
| Next: Confusing Cultural Differences »
| Next: His Provision »
| Next: Dutch Sayings II »
| Next: Inspiring »
| Next: Statistics »
| Next: In Love And Hate part II »
| Next: In Love And Hate »
| Next: Dutch Sayings »
| Next: Spectacular »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Sunday, March 26, 2006

Camping

And off we went, taking a pleasant and enjoyable long drive to the park, teaching Kc some Dutch on the way and admiring the beautiful, sunny day and scenery.

So we arrive at the park to be told by the "not so helpful" lady that we couldn't pick our camping-site but would be assigned one by her. She circled a little camping area that had no restroom facilities anywhere near and was the worst camping area in the park. Fortunately Kc had done a lot of camping and new exactly that was NOT where we wanted to stay and kindly declined, so we left. Uh oh, where to go now? There was a site a little ways further, not that big and not in the woods but on the river, and we decided to go there. First stop for me when we got there, was the restroom (yeah, women, hehe) and when I got back Kc was pleased to inform me we were staying in a cabin with...a heater! I was so grateful for that for I knew how concerned he was that Amber and I would be too cold at night. That was a huge relief to him. And how well did it work out! It was freeeeezing that night which we found out because we got up several times to use the bathroom. Poor little Amber already was packed up like a Michelin-man while the heat was driving me out of the cabin. We prolly would have had to slowly defrost her in the morning had we stayed in a tent, and me as well, haha.

We decided to drive back and pick up Amber. Kc suspected she didn't know how to get to the site and he was right and we all drove back together, taking the short route this time. Then...Supper-time! We had brought the camping-stove and Kc did the honors to fix us supper. Ehhhh.....the stove is not working?! Big grin on Kc's face as he dives into another little chest we had brought along and magically comes up with a smaller but working stove. God bless him!!! Always considerate, prepared and anticipating to make things work and be enjoyable to all. Gotta love him :-)
We had picked up some firewood and built a nice fire after supper. The small pond in front of the cabin was so peaceful and pretty. The sky was clear and filled with stars. Amber pointed out some constellations, I now know what Orion and Taurus look like:-). It was getting colder, but we scooted up to the fire while sipping hot coco and enjoyed each others company, till it was time to go to sleep.

We all enjoyed our outing, even though it was not as we had anticipated it would be. We planned to stay in a tent in the woods, in the park we had picked, and ended up in a cabin, with a heater and a little pond in front of it.
So many times things don't go as we plan and we have the tendency to rebel and force them the way we want them to go. When God decides otherwise, even though we have no clue at that time why, it's obvious. It's for the best!:-)

Psalm 73:28
But it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, That I may declare all Your works.

18 Comments:

Blogger Pecheur said...

Glad you had a good time despite the twists and turns.

March 26, 2006 10:14 AM  
Blogger Patti said...

I am glad you had a good time. I am amazed at how many people like camping. My idea of camping is a nice hotel. If we could afford it, a 4-5 star hotel with all the luxuries.

March 26, 2006 10:59 AM  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

Hi there Corry,
Where the presence of the Lord is, there is liberty. It sounds as though your trip was Christ-filled and filled with the peace and joy of His rest. Gotta love Him!

March 26, 2006 2:37 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Pech:

I think without the twists and turns life would be quite boring if we knew all we planned would work out that way:-) And yes, we had a good time. Definitely worth doing again!

Patti:

What we like about camping is being surrounded by nature and away from every day life as much as possible. The noise, the cars etc. It always reminds me how great God is and that I am nothing but a little speck in the universe. And although we like the primitivity of camping, it makes me more appreciative too for all we have:-)

Andrea:

Yes, gotta love Him!!

Years back, things like this would have completely ruined my day and gotten me very dissatisfied and grouchy. Accepting all is for a reason and God knows best, plus having faith it will work out the way He intends, makes it all so much more easier and less stressful. It brings more awareness of His blessings as well:-)

God's Grace.

March 26, 2006 4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Corry,
One of the things I miss and haven't done since my love's death is camp! We had a truck, and when we lived in L.A used to drive down to Mexico or up to the mountains and just find a spot and park. He'd break out all the gear and we'd watch the stars, drink coco and schnapps. There was something about the openess and beauty that brought us closer and inspired conversations we didn't have during the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
You have inspired me to quit waiting till I feel "ready" and get my rear out there! Yes, I think I'm ready to pee in the woods again!
You rock, much love,
Karyn

March 26, 2006 9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh ya, one more thing. I found out the woman who turned me in for being a harpy! I will have you know, with utter credit to our Lord, that instead of the anger I anticipated feeling I acutally felt a bit sorry for her and did not beat her up behind the gym! God's miracles never cease!
I'm still working on the email for you to proof, but food poisoning sort derailed me for a few days!
Hey, I wanted to loose a few pounds before my vacation....
Karyn

March 26, 2006 9:28 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Karyn:

Aww girl, I hope you are feeling better. I don't think this is the way to go to loosing a few pounds:-)

If you are ready to go camping again, then you prolly should. Your girls may enjoy it as well:-) I do think however you should be prepared that it may bring back lots of memories. Best way to deal with that is talking about it and that may bring all of you closer together too.

I am so grateful for the compassion you felt towards the woman. It clearly shows you are on the right track:-) God bless you richly!

God's Grace.

March 27, 2006 6:22 AM  
Blogger Pecheur said...

I heard thru the grapevine that you think the Spainards are rude tourists. LOL ;)

Hope you have a blessed day,
pecheur

March 27, 2006 2:22 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Pech:

Are you honoring your name? Because it seems like you are fishing, hehe. We both know the "grape-vine" didn't mention anyone!! Nice try, hahahaha.

Have a blessed day as well. Tell R. hi from me, please?

God's Grace.

March 27, 2006 4:35 PM  
Blogger Pecheur said...

HAHA!! We'll think it's the Spainards until we find out different. ;)

I'll tell Lady R from you. She'll be glad to hear from you.

Well, I need to get some shut eye.
Blessings

March 27, 2006 5:45 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Pech:

"I am not responsible for what he thinks! I am not responsible for what he thinks! I am not responsible for what he thinks"
(big grin).

I think you are more likely to squeeze water out of a stone then to get this one out of me. But I admire your persistence, haha.

Thanks for passing it on to Lady R. I may drop her a line sometime soon:-) God bless you both.

God's Grace.

March 28, 2006 4:54 AM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

Wow. Sounds great. I'm glad you all finally got to go camping! It's great when everyone has good attitudes, even when things do go as planned.

March 28, 2006 3:13 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Kristi:

It was great! And you are so right, a good attitude makes a huge difference.
We are soooo looking forward to May!!!:-)

God's Grace.

March 28, 2006 3:39 PM  
Blogger Refreshment in Refuge said...

This was such a great post, Corry. I love to be reminded that when things don't go my way, God has something much better for me! I just love it!

March 28, 2006 4:27 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Gina:

So good to see you! How are you?

Yes, He does. Even if we sometimes need to practice patience, it's worth it!:-)

God's Grace.

March 28, 2006 6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! now i know how you look like. hehe... i know, i've been away for quite sometime but i'm glad to be back. i've missed you! hope everything's fine with you there.

i know God is speaking to me through this post. and i'm having mixed emotions right now. but i thank you for sharing it. it's probably an eye opener for me.

March 28, 2006 11:29 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

WOW!
A trip planned by our Lord for you, lieve zus :)
HeHe!

March 29, 2006 7:05 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Pia:

Glad to have you back, we have missed you too!!! I hope you are ok.

I am sorry about the mixed emotions:-( May God give you strength and fill your heart with His love. God bless you, girl!

Audrey:

Yes it was and I am so grateful He watched over us and blessed us:-)

Gezegende Woensdag (Wednesday), lieve zus! hehe.

God's Grace.

March 29, 2006 8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014