« Home | Next: Drawing »
| Next: Once Upon A Time... »
| Next: Habits »
| Next: Just 10??? »
| Next: When Life Gives You Lemons... »
| Next: A Blessed And Happy Easter »
| Next: What Did You Say? »
| Next: Quiz »
| Next: Simplicity »
| Next: One Year! »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Sunday, May 07, 2006

It's a Girl !!!

Finally, having been looking forward to this occasion for such a long time, there she was! A tired, but cute, sweet young lady enriched our family on Friday evening, May 5th 2006. Her name is Kristi!:-)

It was so good to meet her in person and to be able to give her a big hug. And God blessed us so much to grant that to us. Not only that, but He blessed us with great weather as well, against all weather-forecast-odds. Kc had promised Kristi to have a barbecue upon her arrival, but the forecast was not promising: thunderstorms all through the afternoon and evening and for the next day as well! But... we had the best weather one could wish for. So we all were served with a truly delicious mesquite grilled steak (thank you, Kc! You should do that more often, hehe) and caught up, sitting outside, for a long time. Thank You, Lord!

We had promised to call Pia, our other e-daughter, and we all got to talk to her and pray together. Family in Christ is a such delight:-)

The next day we headed out to Bellingrath Gardens and spent several hours wandering around and admiring the variety of flowers and landscapings, which beauty was enhanced by Kristi's and Amber's. Amber had taken time off to join us and spend time with Kristi as well, and both girls seem to hit it off right away. We were thankful for Amber being able to be there with us and share in the joy. Another one of God's blessings:-)
We had lunch at the Gardens and went back home so Kristi could continue her journey to her brother on time.

We took some great pictures of this wonderful event which you can view at Kc's site!

The time we spent together was way too short!!! But may God grant us to have many more. And maybe with some of y'all as well. Only He knows:-)

Proverbs 27:9
Ointment and perfume delight the heart, And the sweetness of a man’s friend gives delight by hearty counsel.

13 Comments:

Blogger Seeker said...

A short visit, but sweet. Glad to hear all about it. What fun to meet, after months of e-contact.
:-}

May 07, 2006 8:54 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Karen,
It was fun and a blessing and yes, way too short!

I don't know what God has in store for all of us, but I hope meeting you is one of His plans:-)

God's Grace.

May 08, 2006 5:36 AM  
Blogger Refreshment in Refuge said...

As I read this, I was thinking that you had a grandchild then my hand hit my forehead... I guess I've been hoping for a grandchild so long I jump to that thought quite regularly LOL. I'm so delighted y'all had such a sweet time.

May 08, 2006 11:16 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Wow! WoW! WOW!
A very sweet lady and two very beautiful girls :)
HeHe!
HaHa!

May 09, 2006 1:19 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Gina,
Kristi is one of our "adopted" e-daughters:-)
I understand the confusion though, haha. There is a dutch expression that says: hope is the father of the thought. I hope you will get your hopes fulfilled soon, girl.

I was so thankful we had such a great time. Now I come to think of it...you don't live that far from us (grin).

Audrey,
Thank you but all I see is two beautiful girls and a very handsome and attractive, sweet man:-D

God's Grace.

May 09, 2006 6:28 AM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Hi Corry
I showed the pics to my daughter.
She said that Aunty Corry is so pretty and sweet. Aunty Corry has very beautiful smiling eyes ;)
Yeah! You're an important part in our daily conversations at home :)
God bless, lieve zus!
Good night. Sweet dreams =)

May 09, 2006 6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i had a great time talking to all of you. how i wish jec & i could share moments like that with you and papu too. only He knows... when and how.

i'm going to papu's site now for the pictures. =)

May 10, 2006 2:16 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Audrey,
I am so touched and flattered!! Thank Bel from me for her sweet words, please?
Sounds like she takes after her mom, sweet and a joy to have around:-)
We would love to see some pics of all of you...hint, hint (grin).

Much love, lieve zus. Also to my litte e-niece :-D

God's Grace.

May 10, 2006 8:06 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Pia,
We enjoyed it as well and were so thankful we were able to.
We keep praying that God will grant us many of those times together in the near future! He knows best, but we hope and have faith:-)

Luv ya, girl.

God's Grace.

May 10, 2006 8:10 AM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

Thanks Corry!
I had so much fun with you guys! I enjoyed being able to talk to Pia as well! And I'll make it a point to visit longer next time!

I've got tons of work to catch up on, but I'll post a little something later on.

Love ya',
Kristi

May 11, 2006 8:14 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Kristi,
Yeah, make it a big point (grin).

Easy does it, girl. Do first what you have and need to do, then what you want to do. We won't go anywhere and will be patient:-)

Love you too, girl.

God's Grace.

May 11, 2006 8:22 AM  
Blogger Lenise said...

I wish I had known you a year and a half ago, Corry- we drove through AL to Monroe, LA in Jan '05- of course, I think we were a ways north of you anyhow (we stayed on I-20). I don't know if we'll ever get back down that way, but I hope so!

I'm very glad y'all had such a great visit!

May 11, 2006 2:00 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Lenise,
Awww, I wish so too but girl, if you ever make it down back here, our door is open. Emmm...you could make a trip getting down here, hehe.

God's Grace.

May 11, 2006 6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014