« Home | Next: Fix It »
| Next: A Bug »
| Next: That's Cool »
| Next: A Job Well Done »
| Next: Pictures »
| Next: The Dog House »
| Next: Grateful For Technology »
| Next: Rheumatoid Arthritis and Irritability »
| Next: Sweet Deal »
| Next: To Move Or Not To Move.... »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Monday, October 19, 2009

Fact or Fiction???

Doctors know more about the human body and about health then I do. Rightfully so; they studied long, hard and intense to achieve the status of MD. I know they mean well by giving good advice, but why is their recommendation always so negative and contrary to my wants and wishes?

I sincerely doubt that you have not heard one of the following from your doctor:
'You need to loose weight. You need to quit smoking. You need to exercise more. You need to lay off the fatty foods, salt, or sugar' and you probably can add a few more to these yourself.

Wouldn't it be nice for a change to hear this instead:

Q: Doctor, I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?
A: Your heart only good for so many beats, and that it...don't waste on exercise. Everything wear out eventually. Speeding up heart not make you live longer; it like saying you extend life of car by driving faster. Want to live longer? Take nap.

Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?
A: Well, if you have body and you have fat, your ratio one to one. If you have two bodies, your ratio two to one, etc.

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?
A: Are you crazy?!? HEL-LO-O!! Cocoa bean! Is vegetable! It best feel-good food around!

Q: Is getting in shape important for my lifestyle?
A: Hey! 'Round' a shape!

Q: Is swimming good for your figure?
A: If swimming good for your figure, explain whale to me..


This last one had me completely in stitches. I would be looking forward to visiting this doctor; I would at least get a good laugh out of it. The simplicity and logic in all his answers are hard to contradict, but why even try? Because.... it would do our health no good whatsoever. On the contrary; it would harm us in the long run. It is fiction!

I sincerely doubt you have never looked back and wished you had thought before acting. Even though people's advice or our plans adhere to our wants that does not mean that they are for the best. Best would be taking the time and looking at the consequences of our actions before we act. It could save ourselves and others lots of grieve. That's a fact!

Proverbs 14:15
The simple believes every word, But the prudent considers well his steps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014