« Home | Next: Customer Service »
| Next: Celery »
| Next: Come-Back Of The Pave Diamond Ring »
| Next: Credit Repair »
| Next: I Started To Cry... »
| Next: Therapeutic Fun »
| Next: Getting Antsy »
| Next: More Fact or Fiction??? »
| Next: A Rhyme On Time »
| Next: A Good Job »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Monday, October 26, 2009

Let Go and Let God

As children bring their broken toys
with tears for us to mend

I brought my broken dreams to God
because He is my friend

But then instead of leaving Him
in peace to work alone

I hung around and tried to help
with ways that were my own

At last I snatched them back again and cried
"How can You be so slow?"

"My child," He said, "what could I do?
You never did let go."

God works in mysterious ways. When I read this poem on my dear friend Audrey's blog, it went straight to my heart. It portraits so well the impatience I feel at times.

I am aware however that nothing stays the same and that things are constantly changing. I may not know it, see it, or hear it, but it does. God works His plan in my life, but I have to let Him. Everyone, including myself, will be better off when I do.

James 1:4
But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

My patience has been tried so hard and for so long now that it has worn thin. The urge to take matters in my own hands is overwhelming at times.

It helps to stop and consider, asking myself what I want to do and why and if that would be best for everyone involved. Most of the times the answer comes down to hurt, vengeance, pride, impatience, etc.

1 Thessalonians 1:3
remembering without ceasing your work of faith, labor of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ in the sight of our God and Father,

When I can not do something out of love, hope and faith, then I know I better don't do it; nothing good can and will come out of it. I am only obstructing and hindering God in His perfect plan. It is that simple. No, it is not easy, but it is more then worth it!

Ecclesiastes 3:11
He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end.

2 Comments:

Blogger audrey` said...

(((HUGS))) Lieve Zus (((HUGS)))

Take care.

October 29, 2009 2:07 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Audrey,
You are so sweet, thank you.

(((HUGS)))

God's Grace.

October 29, 2009 9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014