« Home | Next: Safe and Secure From All Alarms »
| Next: Working Out »
| Next: Arava »
| Next: My side of Vegas »
| Next: Health Boosters »
| Next: Lowering High Cholesterol »
| Next: Don't Let The Bedbugs Bite! »
| Next: Full Coverage Insurance Savings »
| Next: Good Reports »
| Next: High and Dry »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Relieving The Pain

It has occurred several times lately that I wake up in the early mornings with pain in my hips and shoulders. I am not sure whether it is Rheumatoid Arthritis related or if a new mattress is in order. The strange thing is that it does not seem to affect my back at all, even though there is some Osteoarthritis going on in it.

It makes me wonder if the pain I am experiencing would also be due to some slight Osteoarthritis in hips and shoulders. I suppose it would only be beneficial seeing what kind of osteoarthiritis treatment is available and if that includes something I can do myself. I suspect that swimming is one of the better options.

In the early stage of my RA my wrists would be hurting so bad at night, the pain would prevent me from getting any sleep at all and I had to wear splints. Those didn't make any difference for me, but I can imagine it would during the day when you are wrestling with wrist and arm pain.

It does limit your range of motions though, but if it relieves the pain and promotes healing, then it is more then worth it. I just hope you will never have to go through any of it! :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger RA Journeys said...

I also have the problem with hip and shoulder pain while trying to sleep. It could be RA. Especially in the shoulders. I know mine are really bad. Your hip pain could also be bursitis. One of my former rheumy's told me that if the pain in your hip is on the outside of the hip and not more near your groin, it is probably bursitis... I don't know if that helps.

I hope you can get some relief!!

September 29, 2010 7:09 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

RA Journeys,
Welcome to my blog and thank you so much for the comment, it helped.

I didn't consider the possibility of bursitis and it may be just that. I have a check up with my Rheumatologist next week and will bring it up.

Thanks! :-)

God's Grace.

September 30, 2010 2:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014