« Home | Next: About Patience... »
| Next: Holloween »
| Next: Happy Halloween »
| Next: Disabled »
| Next: Loving Care And Caring Love »
| Next: Our Daily Bread »
| Next: Prayer List »
| Next: Care...Less »
| Next: Nature Unleashed »
| Next: Near And Dear »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Going Dutch

Maybe you know I am from the Netherlands. If you didn't know... you do now, haha. Several people have asked me if and what the differences are between the States and the Netherlands and I thought I might share some with you.

One of the major difference I am still quite amazed about are the vast wooded areas that just don't seem to end. The seize of the "woods" I was used to would prolly make you laugh. They are designated areas and often protected by the Department of Agriculture, Nature and Foodquality. And there are not many. Not surprisingly when you consider there are 16.292.000 people living in a total area of 25.790 square miles of which 21.005 is land and 4.785 is water. Land below sea level is 26 % and National parks are 2.8 % of the total area.

Here, each time we drive, I expect to see cities, towns or at least several houses or industrial areas lurking behind the next curve. But no... more woods, miles and miles and miles of woods! To me, born and raised in a crowded cramped little country, that is incredible. I still haven't got used to it. I hope I never will, for I enjoy it immensely:-)

Maybe you would enjoy the vast fields of flowers that are grown in the Netherlands for national and international export. Something I haven't seen much around here. The prices of flowers in the states are outrageous to me. I was used to buying a big bunch of tulips or narcissus for $2 and for around $10 you could buy a beautiful bouquet. I suppose importing them makes them so pricy.

This is just one of the differences and I may bore you with more in some future posts, hehe. But for now, let me treat you to a view from what used to be "my neck of the woods".

Woods or flowers, they both are a few of God's many wonderful blessings :-).

Psalm 100:4
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.

17 Comments:

Blogger Refreshment in Refuge said...

Oh, Corry, it is NOT boring! I love hearing about how things are different and how they are the same! More, please.

October 25, 2005 11:01 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Thank you for your visit and prayer for my son -- I appreciate it.

I love hearing about the Netherlands! As you know, my little daughter is preparing for her big adventure next summer. Holland awaits!

October 26, 2005 1:39 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Gina:

Thanks, girl. You will hear more! And more...and more, haha.

Kim:

Thank you for your visit and I hope your son is doing better.

Yep, I know:-) I also pray things will work out so you can go with her. Hmm... maybe time to teach you some Dutch (grin)?

God's Grace.

October 26, 2005 6:35 AM  
Blogger Karen A. Castevens said...

Corry...you are simply amazing!!! And I love you!!! Thanks!!

October 26, 2005 3:56 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Karen:

Thank you! But...it's not me who is amazing. It's God:-)

Good to see you back, girl. I hope you are doing ok. Lots of love,

God's Grace.

October 26, 2005 4:54 PM  
Blogger BFuniv said...

God is amazing.

It is nice also to read your posts.

Best,

Allan

October 27, 2005 8:18 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Allan:

Thank you for the visit and the comment.

Yes, God is amazing. Sadly we so often tend to overlook all His blessings.

God's Grace.

October 27, 2005 11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bore us? of course not! i love reading your posts. there's just so many things going on, i didn't have the time to blog hop to my "daily read".

God bless.

October 27, 2005 11:17 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Pia:

I have a faint idea of what you are going through. Have faith, trust God, He will provide.

We pray for you and your family.

God's Grace.

October 28, 2005 7:38 AM  
Blogger Pilot Mom said...

I love it! I have fond memories of my visit to the Netherlands when I was a young girl! :)

Also, it's kind of neat...JettyBetty begins her blog today with this very same verse! :)
I was telling her that this Psalm is the first Scripture I ever memorized when I was 3 1/2 yrs. Fond memories!

October 28, 2005 11:17 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Claire:

I believe all things are connected and by no means coincidence. God works in mysterious ways, doesn't He?

God's Grace.

October 28, 2005 12:05 PM  
Blogger Pilot Mom said...

Well, Corrie, I lied. I didn't mean to but, I did. She posted that YESTERDAY, not today. I just got around to reading it today and hadn't noticed which day it was. :)

October 28, 2005 2:16 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Claire:

What a wonderful woman you are.

Thank you for correcting. I know you didn't mean to. We all make mistakes:-) I hope it helps to know that you are forgiven.

God's Grace.

October 28, 2005 2:56 PM  
Blogger Maryrose said...

Please tell us more! My father is Dutch but unlike his siblings he was born in America. I am half Dutch and I'm sad to say know very little about that part of my heritage.

And it's the truth, you are never boring.

November 03, 2005 4:16 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

MarieRose:

Thanks for your visit and for the comment:-) Good to see you back!

Well, get ready to catch up on that part of your heritage, haha. More to come.

God's Grace.

November 03, 2005 6:00 AM  
Blogger Pecheur said...

Can't wait to hear more

November 10, 2005 7:54 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Pech:

Did you read my previous post about patience???? :-)

God's Grace.

November 10, 2005 9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014