« Home | Next: Happy Halloween »
| Next: Disabled »
| Next: Loving Care And Caring Love »
| Next: Our Daily Bread »
| Next: Prayer List »
| Next: Care...Less »
| Next: Nature Unleashed »
| Next: Near And Dear »
| Next: Blonde Moments »
| Next: Attitude »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Holloween

Halloween is coming along and we see all those creatively carved pumpkins. I know for one, my RA won't allow me to do that. It is too hard to even scoop out the "yucky" stuff, let alone try to cut the thing open. And even if I would get it done, I would prolly be out of business for days, haha. I know many of you struggle with the same issue and I looked for some simple, pain-free but still creative solutions. What do you know...the Arthritis Foundation had the same thought:-)
  • Stuff some old clothes with crumbled newspaper. Use a small pumpkin for the head. Add a hat, sunglasses and draw on scary mouth.
  • Throw a party. Have a few friends over for a pumpkin carving party. You supply the chips, dips and drinks. They can carve an extra pumpkin for your front steps.
  • Paint or color your pumpkin instead of carving it. You can use markers, paint and even stickers.
  • Buy a pre-made glass, plastic or ceramic pumpkin that you can use year after year. Or you can string your door with pumpkin-shaped lights or hang a pumpkin banner from your front steps.

These were some of the ideas they came up with. Maybe you have some yourself. Want to share with the class?:-)

Galatians 6:10
Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith.

9 Comments:

Blogger Kc said...

You can always get out your handy pumpkin carving tool (AKA hubby) ;-)

October 19, 2005 4:18 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Kc:

Great idea! Thanks for sharing.

Darling, sweetheart, baby, honey(big grin), would you carve us a pumpkin?

October 19, 2005 4:28 PM  
Blogger Pilot Mom said...

Good ideas, Corry! Blessings....

October 20, 2005 11:51 AM  
Blogger Lenise said...

Thanks for my birthday card! Jay liked the movement of the ripply water especially!!

October 20, 2005 8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi corry. Have not seen you in ages. My wife, crochet68, keeps up with your whereabouts better than I have been able to. The last time I tried to log on it wasn't found. So I relinked your blog on my new one and tried this morning and here I am.

October 21, 2005 5:02 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Lenise:

You are welcome! I am glad Jay liked it as well. I love those cards myself.
I hope you had a great day:-)

Abraham:

Thanks for the visit. I tried to keep up with your blog but wasn't sure which one. Modblog was out a few times so I visited your home-town blog but didn't comment...yet:-)

God's Grace.

October 21, 2005 7:27 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Claire:

Thanks, girl. Although none of them were mine haha.

God's Grace.

October 22, 2005 11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mornin' (well, barely, but still morning), Corry -

Thanks for your comment this morning and for dropping by all the time like I know you do. I really appreciate it a LOT!

I come by here all the time, too, actually, but have just not had much time at all in a long time to keep up with commenting everywhere like I so like to do. So I apologize for that.

As for your Halloween and pumpkin ideas - back a while (like 3 or 4 years ago, maybe), we found some sit on the ground (for a row along the front walk on each side or whatever) plastic rectangles that you put a small bulb in in the middle and then put white plastic "sleeves" over the base to make white "bag" luminarias to light the path in the dark around Christmas time.

The company also made (probably still does, I'm sure, which you can check online) orange "bags" with jack-o-lantern faces on each one to line up along your walkway at Halloween time, so that you could use the same plastic frames and bulbs to make them! They had pictures of them and they were really cute!

They also had several other holiday sets of plastic "bags" you could order and we really liked the luminaria look along our sidewalk out to the street and around our front yard for a ways on each side.

I also used to have several ceramic pumpkins that were jack-o-lanterns that you put little votive candles in to light them up and they were always a lot of fun, too. I finally gave them to some of the grandkids since we were always here by ourselves.

One last thing - I don't know if you or any of your readers know about or have had the chance to drop by Grace Notes, a new group blog I've started, but if you haven't please do! In it we all (and we invite all of you to join us, too, as contributors or by emailing me your "grace note" encounters and stories to share) try to commend those people who come into our lives on a daily basis who make it just a little brighter and cheerier in some way.

So, come by and read it and share with us, if you would. And if you all would be so kind, please add Grace Notes as a link from your blogs and tell everyone you know about it. We want to make this a kind of "Pay It Forward" effort to commend and encourage people God sends our way.

Thanks!

October 22, 2005 12:12 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Dee:

Thank you so much for the tip.

I visited Grace Notes once but have to admit I haven't been there since. I will make up for it soon:-)

It's good to see you back!

God's Grace.

October 22, 2005 12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014