« Home | Next: Blonde Moments »
| Next: Attitude »
| Next: Riders On The Storm »
| Next: Once More »
| Next: Water »
| Next: Lord, Have Mercy! »
| Next: Look What The Cat Dragged In »
| Next: Dialogue »
| Next: Food For Thought »
| Next: A Request »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Friday, September 23, 2005

Near And Dear

Two of our daughters live in the Netherlands. We haven't seen them for over three years now. Noor 21 yrs old, we regularly talk to by phone, exchange mails and pics. Maaike 18 yrs old, communicates by email, when she has time, which is not as much as we would like, haha.

Sometimes the missing gets too much. The longing to hold them, hug them and see and talk to them face to face, is huge. The want to have them close, physically, is overwhelming at times. But what is the want compared to the need? Is the want more important then the need? I don't think so.

The need is:
-To know they are alright, doing fine, are safe, happy, healthy and have all they need and
-Do anything to fill their need where and when we can.



When that need is filled, the want is no longer prevalent. My heart is at peace and grateful to the Lord for watching over them.



I can only imagine how God must have felt. Having the fore-knowledge of what was going to happen to His Son and watching Him being persecuted, betrayed, captured and crucified. All for our sakes and happiness, out of love for us. We are His children and even though we are not with Him physically, we can embrace Him spiritually. We can and should love Him with all our hearts and by doing so, let Him know that what He and His Son went through, was not in vain. He gives us what we need, let's return what is given, unconditionally.

Sure, we still would love to see the girls. And we will. When God decides it's time:-)

Luke 22:41-43
41 And He was withdrawn from them about a stone's throw, and He knelt down and prayed, 42 saying, "Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done." 43 Then an angel appeared to Him from heaven, strengthening Him.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had an empty nest for five years now, but the funny thing was... my oldest came home for 7 months and it was so much fun to have her back. We were able to heal some hurts while she was here and be became really tight, close friends. My younger daughter doesn't call much and so I leave a message or wait until I know she's on her way home and call her cell. I hate to call her while she's driving but sometimes I get so hungry to hear her voice. I'm looking forward to going to see her new home soon. But, I have to remind myself that they are grown and must stand on their own feet and fly with their own wings. It's hard.

October 15, 2005 5:06 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Gina:

Thank you so much for sharing. I am sorry you don't get to see them much. May God strengthen you till you do.

I know what you mean by" getting so hungry to hear her voice". It's the same here:-) Unfortunately, calling her cell phone from the states is costing an arm and a leg, plus her being 7 hours ahead in time doesn't help much either. But... we have faith. God is gracious and mercyful:-)

October 15, 2005 5:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My daughter is going to the Netherlands next summer to play soccer. She is representing the USA in a special olympic-type venue called the "Friendship Games". They call her a Sports Ambassador. She will be only 12 by then.

I am not sure I can afford to go (working on it, but it looks grim). I am just torn up about this. I can't imagine her going to another State without me, let alone another country!! But on the other hand, what an incredible opportunity, what a blessing, that she has the talent and desire to do this.

Your post was so encouraging to me, and so surprising -- to be so specifically the Netherlands of all places! I will remember this verse as I continue to attempt to make this journey with her. I certainly want God's will for my and my daughter's life.

Blessings to you and your family.

October 16, 2005 4:17 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Kim:

Thank you so much for the visit.

What a coincidence:-)
I am so grateful your daughter has that talent and is given the opportunity. I pray you can go with her and that all will work out.
Next summer is still a while to go and you never know how God's will works out, but it is always for the best:-)

God's Grace.

October 16, 2005 4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My children will always live within easy walking distance ;) That's my fantasy right now, though it may change when we have teenagers! For now, I'll just live in my fantasy world =]

October 16, 2005 6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my, I don't know how you can stand being apart from your daughters this long, when they are at their ages.

When our children started moving out, our son (second child) was the first to leave the state, went to Fl with his soon to be wife. We always knew when he was a little home sick, we heard from him more often, by phone and e-mails.

Then (third child) a daughter, was 39 at the time, and had been out living on her own since she had turned 18, left for Co. We get to see her about once a year. We both have a Web Cam, so we can see each other now and again, it just looks like we're moving in slow motion. We tried connecting so there would be sound, but that never worked too well. We mostly communicate by computers, e-mail and by reading each others blogs.

Two of our daughters (fourth and fifth child) call almost everyday, since they live close by. Another daughter, the oldest, lives about 45 mins. away, but we don't call each other often, they seem to be busy a lot and when I call I get the answering machine so I leave a message.

It's the fourth child, a daughter that is the most faithful about calling, she calls everyday to see how we are feeling and when she doesn't call I check to make sure everything is ok at her end. She lived at home the longest of all five children and she helped me a lot when I was going through some illnesses.

I miss them all when I don't get to see them, but I also know, they know how to take care of themselves, so that is a relief.

Plus the two youngest come over almost every Saturday and we all have lunch together.

Hope you get to see your girls soon.

October 17, 2005 10:37 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Patty:

Thank you for the comment and the visit. I am grateful you get to see your kids often. I pray you always will.

Both are attending college, so it is not easy for them to come over. It is difficult sometimes, but we know they are safe and sound and we hope to see them next year, God willing:-) We are so looking forward to that!!!

Lenise:

Thanks for sharing that fantasy. Hold on to that, girl. And if you can, try to make it come true:-)

God's Grace.

October 17, 2005 10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know how it feels. i want so much to be with my hubby now but knowing that God cares for him while he's miles away makes it a bit easier to live by everyday. though i can't wait to be reunited with him soon, i can only wait as God says: it's time.

October 17, 2005 2:01 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Pia:

Our point exactly:-)

May time pass quickly so you and your hubby will be reunited soon again. You are in my prayers.

God's Grace.

October 17, 2005 2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014