« Home | Next: Heed The Warning »
| Next: Birthday »
| Next: Bible Study 2006 »
| Next: Word For 2006 »
| Next: Happy 2006 »
| Next: Almost A Century »
| Next: My Christmas List »
| Next: Christmas »
| Next: The True Spirit »
| Next: Ponderings »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Friday, January 13, 2006

His Arms

Pia's visa was denied and both her and Jec have no direction how and where to go from here. The why-question is so prevalent among us all and leaves us without words. But them especially.

Pia and Jec, know that you are in our prayers. Try to hold on to His Promise.

Often, things happen in our lives that we don't understand. They can be very discouraging, lead us in despair and agony. We cry out to our Lord....why? Why? No answer. It's like He is not there, but we are not aware that He is carrying us in silence:-)

One night a man had a dream.
He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD.
Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.

For each scene he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand:
one belonging to him and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
he looked back at the footprints in the sand.
He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints.
He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he questioned the LORD about it:
"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way.

But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me."

The LORD replied:
"My son, my precious child,

I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."

Psalm 91:14-16
14 Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name. 15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him.

17 Comments:

Blogger Seeker said...

Lord, we trust in YOU.

January 13, 2006 10:46 AM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

Glad to see you back in the land of the living, Corry! =)

Pia remains in my prayers.

January 13, 2006 11:37 AM  
Blogger Karen A. Castevens said...

What? Where have I been? I missed this!!! I am praying for her...Corry thank you for loving me without even knowing me...I love you too so much!! Karen

January 13, 2006 12:47 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Seeker:

Amen!
My post could have sufficed with only that sentence you left in your comment:-)

Kristi:

Let's see if you still say that after I bugged you a while. Moms can be pretty annoying at times(grin).

Karen:

I don't know where you have been!!
I missed you on here but I am glad to see you're back.
Love you too, Karen. And Jesus loves us all:-)

Thanks y'all for joining in the prayers for Pia and Jec. May God grant them soon, according to His Will.

God's Grace.

January 13, 2006 1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi corry! this is jec, pia's husband. I guess you already know what happened to pia's interview. She's very depressed right now but it's a lot painful for me coz i can't do anything. We both want to thank you for all the support and prayer's.

January 13, 2006 5:47 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Jec:

Hi Jec! Kc and I are pleased to meet you, although we wished the circumstances were so much more different:-(

If there is anything we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us. No need to thank us, we continue to pray for both of you and for a quick solution to your situation. May God bless you, strengthen you and comfort you in this time of trial.

God's Grace.

January 13, 2006 6:08 PM  
Blogger Amanda Hunt said...

Thats a great poem isn't it!

January 14, 2006 3:48 AM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Corry, that's right...the set of footprints are the Lord's and He's carrying Pia and Jec...will continue to keep them in prayers.

January 14, 2006 7:09 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Amanda:

I love it, it is so encouraging:-)

Kitty:

Thanks girl, Jec and Pia need it right now. We know God hears!

God's Grace.

January 14, 2006 3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better Corry. You and Casey both. I've been missing you dropping by, but understand completely how it can be sometimes. Even - or especially - when life "should" be the slowest! (Like when you're confined at home for two or three months!)

I pray things will work out for the best for Pia nad her husband and for you all, too.

I need to talk with you soon about my son, David, who's seeing a Rheumatologist in a couple of weeks because he's been feeling really bad with hurting joints, inflamed and swollen and feverish.

Right now, it's really late, so I need to go get some rest.

Later.
Dee

January 14, 2006 11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mamu, thank you so much for all the support. all your prayers have kept us from falling. thank you. loving you and papu always. God bless!

to everyone who took time to remember us in your prayers, our deepest gratitude to all of you. may God bless you all. i love you.

January 15, 2006 12:00 AM  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

Life can be very hard and confusing. "But joy cometh in the morning."

January 15, 2006 8:57 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Dee:

I am so sorry to hear. Anyway I can be of help, you got it. Info is on the way!

Pia:

We keep praying for you both!
Luv ya!

Andrea:

Amen, sister!

God's Grace.

January 15, 2006 6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i posted the "footprints" because it is such an encouragement to me. luv yah, mamu!

January 15, 2006 11:16 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Pia:

It is so encouraging, isn't it! Sweetheart, you can post anything you like:-)

Luv ya!

God's Grace.

January 16, 2006 5:39 AM  
Blogger audrey` said...

I agree with you Andrea :)

God's love and mercies are new every morning.

January 16, 2006 8:35 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I'm praying for you Pia.

January 22, 2006 9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014