« Home | Next: Value »
| Next: About Me »
| Next: Controversy »
| Next: Heading Out »
| Next: Work In Progress »
| Next: Insanity »
| Next: Good News »
| Next: Ask, And It Will Be Given »
| Next: Typical Female? »
| Next: His Arms »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Wednesday, February 15, 2006

LaLa-Land

Yesterday, on recommendation from my rheumatologist, I went back to the doctor. My cough had still not cleared up well enough and it seemed like I was getting another cold. So I went "off to see the doctor, that wonderful doctor of uz" ( the song from wizard of Oz popped up while I typed that sentence, haha) and I came back loaded up with new anti-biotics, cough medications and inhalers and a new appointment for two weeks later to see if it had helped this time and to take a pulmonary test.

So, I started the meds last night and about an hour later, they knocked me out cold . I feel pretty weak and shaky but those side-effects shouldn't last long. But I am drowsy and sleepy and my mind seems to be somewhere in lala-land, ozone, floating around in space. It's hard to concentrate and everything seems "just peachy". I needed that like a hole in the head! I am perfectly capable of putting myself in lala-land without medications, believing things are one way and then waking up in a nightmare. I am not complaining, I am really grateful there are medications to get me well enough. At least I am aware of it and know it's only temporary. Writing this helps me to hold it together. I don't like looking through rose-colored glasses when it's just a mind-twist, a deceit. Not even when it "feels" good. Not by meds nor myself. I seem to be a master at looking at the "pretties" and ignoring the "baddies". It's up to me to change and I won't quit until I have it right, the way God instructs.

Rereading this post, it all makes sense to me. If it doesn't to you, then you know now why:-) Oh, and I have a Lala-land for sale. Anyone interested, haha? Nah, I will plow it, work it and pray it will yield good crops!

May God strengthen me to have a sound perspective on life, others and myself, to see what is and to do what's necessary to turn it around to the point of true happiness.

Psalm 32:2
Blessed is the man to whom the LORD does not impute iniquity, And in whose spirit there is no deceit.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Corry -

La-la land, hunh? Your antibiotic sounds exactly like a strong one I took several years ago for something much like you describe having and it acted as a halluconagenic with me. It was horrible! The first night I was on it, the entire night I could not tell whether I was awake or dreaming or which was which.

I'd never experienced anything like that in my entire life and the next morning, stopped taking it. Ever since I've always listed it as a drug that I'm allergic to and never, ever want to take it, or anything like it, again. Ever.

Be careful, girl. Very careful. I sure hope you get to feeling better and the medicine will work out okay for you. But if you don't feel better really soon, I think I'd call the doctor to get on something else. I hope it's not like what I took, for sure.

I'll be praying for you. And Kc.

February 15, 2006 2:53 PM  
Blogger Patty said...

Corry,
Hope the medicines work this time. Also glad they are telling you to come back in two weeks.

I've had the pulmonary test quite a few times. It's a whiz.

Take care, thanks for stopping by.

February 15, 2006 3:48 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Dee:

Thank you so much for your prayers and concern. I will certainly heed your warning!

It's like my mind is fully engaged but my body refuses to function when I sleep, and the other way around when I am awake. I almost slept the entire day away.
I read it may take a few days to eliminate the side effects, so I will not quit yet. So far they have not given me a real allergic reaction like another medication did.

My hope is that this time it will work. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired:-)

Pat:

Thanks for stopping by. I hope y'all are doing well.

I had that test once before. I pray the meds will work and it's going to be a whiz and not a wheeze:-)

God's Grace.

February 15, 2006 5:03 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Uh oh...
Please don't get another cold.
Please take care.
God is healing you, Corry.

February 15, 2006 5:12 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Audrey:

Thanks dear sister, it's always a pleasure to have you around:-)

I sure don't intend to get another one. God knows best and I have faith.

God's Grace.

February 15, 2006 5:24 PM  
Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

Oh you poor baby! I'll be praying for you...thank you for praying for me when I was sick. It meant so much. I'm glad the doctors have been working on getting you better. May God heal you quickly.

I now understand how easily I made you giggle at my post, Ms. La La Land! But the tattoo was pretty funny. ;)

February 15, 2006 6:02 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Praying for your recovery. Get well Corry!

February 15, 2006 11:22 PM  
Blogger Pilot Mom said...

Oh, Corry, I'm so sorry to hear you are still ill. That is no fun! We seem to be kindred spirits don't we? Know that I am praying for you.

February 16, 2006 1:01 AM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Good Morning, Corry :)
How are you feeling this morning? Hope you had a good rest last night.
Please take care.
I'm praying for you.
Jesus is looking after you.

February 16, 2006 4:08 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Marianne:

Thank you so much for your prayers, girl. I appreciate it very much and I know God hears every one of them.

I would have laughed even without meds. That tattoo was too funny! Thanks for posting that and sharing a laugh:-)


Jayne:

If you can then please, you need to see a doctor! This is a nasty flu/cold and it lingers very long.
I don't mean to scare you, but I heard and experienced it turning into pneumonia or bronchitis several times. I pray God will protect and spare you from that.

I'll keep you company in Lala-land:-)

Praying for you, sister!


Kim:

Hey Kim! How are you and yours?

Thanks for the prayers! It means a lot to me:-)


Claire:

Thank you for praying for me. I know it helps:-)

Yes, we seem to be kindred spirits, although I can think of better areas to be kindred in:-).
I know how long you struggled with the same. I hope you and your mom both are over it now. It's no fun!


Audrey:

Goodmorning, sister!!!
I slept like a baby last night, and almost all day yesterday,haha.
My cough is worse due to the meds. They are breaking it up.
Hopefully this will be the end of it.

Thanks for the prayers Audrey, and for the smile you always bring with your visit:-)

All:

Thank y'all for the prayers. It's a small but most powerful thing to do and I appreciate it very much. God bless y'all!

God's Grace.

February 16, 2006 5:41 AM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Hi Corry ;)
I'm so glad that you slept like a baby yesterday. HaHaHa! This is very good. Then our Lord can heal you faster.
Yeah! Your cough will go away very soon. Try to drink more lukewarm plain water. Avoid food and drinks from the refrigerator, especially oranges and grapes.
Please sleep like a baby again tonight, k? HeHeHe!
God bless you, Corry.
Good night, sister!!!

February 16, 2006 5:35 PM  
Blogger Seeker said...

A good dose of optimism doesn't hurt, so don't worry about looking at the bright side of things.
Are things better today?

February 16, 2006 7:49 PM  
Blogger Lenise said...

I hope you are feeling much, much better by the weekend! I'm starting new antibiotics today myself. It's a UTI this time. Thankfully, it's not very symptomatic- I didn't even suspect it. It's just another round of antibiotics. But at least my insurance company is running a generic copay waiver, so I didn't have to pay for my drugs. =-P

February 16, 2006 9:52 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Audrey:

Thanks for the advise I will stick to it as much as possible! The problem about sleeping so much and hardly doing anything is that it makes my joints stiff and hurting, sigh. But...this too shall pass.
I pray it will be soon though:-)

Love you, sister!


Karen:

I could use a good dose of that! Seems a little hard to find lately but I keep seeking, asking and knocking:-)
I am still very tired but my lungs seem to be clearing out, so I have faith this might do the trick:-)


Lenise:

I pray you will get over this soon as well, specially in your condition:-)
Wow, you are blessed not to have to pay for the meds. It knocked me over to hear what mine cost! I hope they will reimburst most of it.

Thanks y'all for your care and concern. I hope to be "up the snuff" soon:-)

February 17, 2006 5:39 AM  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

Corry, I am sorry that you are under the weather. May You receive His refreshment.

February 17, 2006 12:53 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Andrea:

Thank you so much, girl.
God knows best and I have faith:-)

God's Grace.

February 17, 2006 2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014