« Home | Next: Heading Out »
| Next: Work In Progress »
| Next: Insanity »
| Next: Good News »
| Next: Ask, And It Will Be Given »
| Next: Typical Female? »
| Next: His Arms »
| Next: Heed The Warning »
| Next: Birthday »
| Next: Bible Study 2006 »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Monday, February 06, 2006

Controversy

Although the camping-trip fell through, we got to get out both Saturday and Sunday afternoon. And both afternoons were so totally opposed to each other.

Saturday afternoon we decided to take a trip to Biloxi, to see how they had fared and recovered from Katrina. I know many areas are still suffering and trying to recover and clean up after that hurricane, but to see it with my own eyes left me speechless. The devastation is still enormous. Heaps and heaps of debri are everywhere, even with the clean-up at full speed. The beach closed down, still covered with what the wind decided to dump there. But what was most shocking of all, was seeing those bare concrete foundations and half demolished but still standing houses that once were someone's home. It was very disturbing and made me so sad to see all that. I pray those people have or will have a home again soon and that God blessed them not to have lost a loved one. Material things can be replaced, but a life can not.

Sunday afternoon Kc and I went to the park with a loaf of bread to feed the ducks. It was chilly but sunny and we found a good spot with lots of hungry ducks, coming up to us as soon as they spotted food and acted like they were starving (no, they are not but we fell for it!! haha). They gathered all around us and one who thought he was being treated unfairly, pecked my leg twice to get attention and have his share. Which of course he did:-) I had my back turned to Kc while we were feeding them, when I heard him burst out in laughter. He told me to look at the two white ducks in front of him. Kc held a piece of bread, high enough where it was just out of one of the duck's reach. And the duck jumped up to try and get it. Now picture this duck, with it's tiny little legs, jumping! He hardly could jump up an inch and it was hilarious to watch him. Don't worry, we didn't tease them too long, haha. Afterwards, we sat down in the grass, surrounded by ducks and simply enjoyed.

Even though both days were so totally different, I was grateful. Grateful God had spared us during the hurricanes an blessed us with a home and all we had, and grateful for all the joys He gives us, with and in Him, each other and all He created. May I always be mindful of God's blessings and Wonders.

Nehemiah 9:17
They refused to obey, And they were not mindful of Your wonders That You did among them. But they hardened their necks, And in their rebellion They appointed a leader To return to their bondage. But You are God, Ready to pardon, Gracious and merciful, Slow to anger, Abundant in kindness, And did not forsake them.

13 Comments:

Blogger Kristi B. said...

Sounds like a great time. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Hopefully, you will be able to go on that camping trip this weekend!

February 06, 2006 1:17 PM  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

I liked the Bible verse. It reminds me of when I was reading this morning about how Abraham was rebuked in public after the time that he let Sarah be taken into that ruler's camp. God still protected everybody and everything, but how uncomfortable and embarrassing it is to be publically admonished and rebuked. Better to not have a stiff neck, but to be bendable and learn and grow. Also, may God work in the lives of the devistation of the Katrina victims. And, I love ducks! (And I do fel better today, thanks. It is dangerous taking your eyes off of the Lord.)

February 06, 2006 2:37 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Kristi:

Yes, I enjoyed it and hopefully next weekend camping, although we can plan all we want sometimes things just work out differently:-)

Andrea:

I would rather be admonished and rebuked in this life and suffer the consequences then by God:-)

I am so grateful you are feeling better. I pray it will continue.

God's Grace.

February 06, 2006 3:19 PM  
Blogger Pilot Mom said...

Corry, I love to take old bread and feed the ducks! I don't do it nearly often enough.

February 06, 2006 8:54 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Such a romantic outing together while feeding the ducks ;)
HaHa!

February 06, 2006 11:11 PM  
Blogger Seeker said...

Thanks for encouraging us that we need to be aware of God's hand in everything.

February 07, 2006 6:21 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Claire:

Neither do we:-)I love it too.

Audrey:

Could have been, if one of the ducks had been cooked and served by candlelight, haha. Nah, I don't think I could have eaten either one of them:-)

Karen:

I tend to forget that way too often!

God's Grace.

February 07, 2006 3:14 PM  
Blogger Lenise said...

A goose bit my sister in OK City when we were little. My Dad had FAA training there from time to time, and we all came along if it was all summer or something like that. Mom would take us to the duck pond to throw our old bread. One of the geese became impatient! Poor kid =-7

February 07, 2006 8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you enjoyed it. lookig forward to having one of those simple but fun trips very soon.

February 08, 2006 3:56 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Lenise:

How are you girl?

This one was impatient as well but he didn't bite, just kinda poked my leg to get the attention. I can imagine though they can bite really hard. I hope your sister didn't develop a goose-foby!

Pia:

Aww, I hope you will have one soon as well.

Praying for y'all!

God's Grace.

February 08, 2006 7:29 PM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Great that you had a great time Corry.

Today is my first year blogging anniversary. Just wanted to say thanks for being my blogging buddy.

February 09, 2006 4:48 AM  
Blogger audrey` said...

April is very blessed to have you as her Mummy. You're so warm and loving :)

February 09, 2006 7:37 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Kitty:

Happy Blogaversary!!! Thank you for being such an encouragement and wonderful sister. May the Lord bless us to share for a long time to come:-)

Audrey:

Aww you're so sweet Audrey, but I think this is another thing of the pot calling the kettle black:-)
Your family is very blessed with you, just like all of us!

Love you both, Kitty and Audrey. God bless you!

God's Grace.

February 09, 2006 9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014