« Home | Next: Controversy »
| Next: Heading Out »
| Next: Work In Progress »
| Next: Insanity »
| Next: Good News »
| Next: Ask, And It Will Be Given »
| Next: Typical Female? »
| Next: His Arms »
| Next: Heed The Warning »
| Next: Birthday »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Thursday, February 09, 2006

About Me

A different type of alphabet I found on Claire's site.

A - Accent: A dutch one as I am told! Odd thing is, I don't hear it myself. Prolly best as well, I would be making fun of myself all day long, hehe.
B - Breakfast: I like to have cereal for breakfast or rather, sugar with cereal in it:-) I need the energy in the mornings.
C - Chore you hate: Ironing curtains or drapes. There doesn't seem to come an end to them.
D - Dad's name: Jo, short for Josephus.
E - Essential everyday item: Uh, oh, I know this is bad but right now I have to admit: it's cigarettes.
F - Flavor ice cream: Lemon, butter-pecan.
G - Gold or silver?: Gold.
H - Hometown: I guess this is where I was born? Hoensbroek, The Netherlands.
I - Insomnia: Nope, I may even have the opposite, haha.
J - Job title: Corry:-)
K - Kids: Four daughters, 2 are living with us now, 2 are in The Netherlands.
L - Living arrangements: A house that is more then adequate for all of us.
M - Mom's birthplace: Berkel-Enschot, The Netherlands.
N - Number of significant others: My husband, 4 daughters and many others I consider family, like y'all:-)
O - Overnight hospital stays: Too many to mention. I hate hospitals. Once I go in, I think I never am going to get out.
P - Phobia: Arachnea. To me, the only good spider is a dead one.
Q - Quote: "Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today." I don't always live by that though, sigh.
R - Religious affiliation: Christian.
S - Siblings: None. No wonder I don't know how to share!
T - Time you wake up: Mostly pretty early, between 4 and 5 am. Maybe that's why I don't have insomnia!
U - Unnatural haircolors you've worn: Blond. And I still am hehe.
V - Vegetable you refuse to eat: Refuse is a great word, avoid is better...crowder peas and black eyed peas.
W - Worst habit: Forcing my will upon others, Yikes.
X - X-rays you've had: Again, way too many to mention.
Y - Yummy: Chocolate, Key lime pie, cream filled doughnuts, shoarma, any kind of meat.
Z - Zodiac sign: Virgo.

I thought I share some things about me with y'all. And I don't expect you to memorize it, haha. Well, did this help at all??

Isaiah 58:7
Is it not to share your bread with the hungry, And that you bring to your house the poor who are cast out; When you see the naked, that you cover him, And not hide yourself from your own flesh?

23 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Hunt said...

You know you and I share that same phobia!!! LOL.

February 09, 2006 7:43 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Corry, you're so blessed to have four very lovely daughters.
You're a very great Mummy!

February 10, 2006 12:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you wake up really early. i'm still conked at 7:30 a.m. hehe...

February 10, 2006 3:16 AM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

"Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today." That's a great quote, yet not easy to do hey?

Even though you don't have sibling, I think you know how to share well Corry (that's a good job title by the way) :)

February 10, 2006 7:11 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Amanda:

Yes, I know, haha! I think you are very courageous when it comes to taking care, or shall I say, dispose of them(grin). I can handle the small ones but the big ones...HELP!!!!

Audrey:

Thanks for your encouragement:-)
I am blessed. I just wish I could have and would be a better mom, sigh.

Pia:

I am a morning person. Mostly in the evenings is when I conk. No wonder, huh?!

Kitty:

I love that quote but no, it's not easy to do at times.

I am learning to share, Kitty. I am glad you like my job title, I like it to, although there are times I don't, haha! There is a lot that needs to be improved:-)

God's Grace.

February 10, 2006 8:02 AM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

That's a really neat idea.

What is "shoarma"?

Other than that, we'd get along great in the food department! Yum!

February 10, 2006 9:32 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Kristi:

Shoarma is pitah bread, filled with some shredded lettuce and lots of grilled sheep-meat, covered with either barbecue or garlic sauce(or both). I think you would like it!

Hmm...so we only get along in the food department??? Ouch(grin). But I am grateful it's better then nothing, haha.

Love you, girl.

God's Grace.

February 10, 2006 12:03 PM  
Blogger Pilot Mom said...

Oh, Corry, I LOVE black-eyed peas! I wonder if you don't like them because they weren't cooked right and, maybe they weren't served up right...with chopped onion? Yum...I'm getting hungrey just thinking about the peas, ham, cornbread (made with white meal, thank you)fresh sliced tomatoes...I'd better stop before I hurt myself! lol!

February 10, 2006 2:43 PM  
Blogger Refreshment in Refuge said...

I think I would adore your accent! We have a lot of the same likes and same probs... guess we're truly sisters, eh?

February 10, 2006 3:00 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Claire:

That sounds better, I guess the chopped onion would take away lot of the taste of the peas. THAT'S GOOD, haha. I hope you didn't hurt yourself!!!:-)

Gina:

Thanks, girl. I am told it sounds cute. Oh well, A guess A'll ne'er be a suthern'r:-)
Yes!! truly sisters! I like that.

Luv y'all.

God's Grace.

February 10, 2006 5:38 PM  
Blogger Seeker said...

FOUR daughters! One of my sisters has 4 also. What a blessing!

February 10, 2006 8:57 PM  
Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

This was GREAT! God bless you!

February 10, 2006 10:41 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Karen:

Yep, four and they are a blessing, although I heard boys are so much easier, haha.

Two are living with us and including me, that makes 3 women in the house who's feelings reign from time to time (all the time??). The Lord have mercy on Kc!:-)

Marianne:

Thanks:-) God bless y'all too. I pray you and yours got over the pneumonia and cold episode and are doing well.

God's Grace.

February 11, 2006 5:14 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Jayne:

Thanks, maybe I should post more things like this:-)
Problems are there to be solved. Working on it!

I miss your posts. I hope all is well with you too.

God's Grace.

February 11, 2006 12:38 PM  
Blogger Amanda Hunt said...

Hiya Corry, glad you liked my rock illustration : )

February 12, 2006 2:50 AM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Shalom to you and your loved ones, Corry.
April is still in my thoughts and prayers.
In God we trust!

February 12, 2006 3:37 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Amanda:

I love it! It's beautiful. You are a true artist.

Audrey:

Thank you so much, dear sister. We really appreciate it.
Peace to you too:-)

God's Grace.

February 12, 2006 11:09 AM  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

I enjoyed learning so much more about you.

February 12, 2006 3:35 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Andrea:

Then I must share more:-)

God's Grace.

February 12, 2006 4:37 PM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

Corry, I'm sorry. I did not mean that food was the only area we would get along!!! I just happened to notice, every time you mention food (Reses cups, cheese, chocolate, etc) it is something that I really enjoy as well!

I know we would get along in many other areas as well!!

Oh, and that shoarma does sound really good!

Love ya'

February 13, 2006 8:43 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Kristi:

I am sure we would get along in many other areas as well.
I was yanking your chain! And it worked, haha. I know, that was mean and I apologize:-)

We will have a food-party when you get here!!!

Love you too, girlie.

God's Grace.

February 13, 2006 10:00 AM  
Blogger Lenise said...

I have to say, you are an incomparably better housekeeper than I am. It had never occurred to me to iron my curtains! And I don't even have that many!!

Spiders- yikes!!

February 13, 2006 8:32 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Lenise:

I wouldn't if I didn't have to but they come out all wrinkled and it looks awful. Even straight out of the dryer.

I like your perspective on spiders, haha.

God's Grace.

February 15, 2006 12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014