« Home | Next: About Me »
| Next: Controversy »
| Next: Heading Out »
| Next: Work In Progress »
| Next: Insanity »
| Next: Good News »
| Next: Ask, And It Will Be Given »
| Next: Typical Female? »
| Next: His Arms »
| Next: Heed The Warning »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Sunday, February 12, 2006

Value

Have you ever noticed how many killing, stealing, manipulation, deceit, etc is going on in almost any movie or series you watch? How about the book you are currently reading, or the video game your kid (or maybe even you) are playing? Why are women taught to be independent, while all it does is strengthen their pride? These are just a few examples. I am sure you can come up with several yourself.

There are so many things that are so common and normal in our eyes. We don't think twice about doing it nor do we question whether they are in accordance with God's Will. Why are they so common? Why do we see them as normal? Because they are socially accepted and we allowed them in our every day life. We did that because they suited or accommodated our wants.


If I look at daily life and ask myself what I am doing and why, but especially, if that is in accordance with God's Will, then many times I find it's not. So I want, try, have to change it to please Him, out of fear for Him and also to be a good testimony.

Doing that, in common eyes, I am an outcast, crazy, unacceptable. In God's eyes, I am His child, loved and cared for. It's a matter of where I place my value. I choose the last:-)

1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

12 Comments:

Blogger Shelley said...

Great post...well worth some pondering =)

February 13, 2006 1:28 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Music.angel:

Hi girl, nice to see you around:-) Thanks for the visit. I hope you are doing well.

It is and I keep finding out that there is "a way that seems right to a man, but it's end is the way of death". Proverbs 14:12.

God's Grace.

February 13, 2006 5:56 AM  
Blogger Seeker said...

Lord help us to desire a God-pleasing attitude, and not worry about pleasing others/ourselves.

February 13, 2006 9:07 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Karen:

Amen!

God's Grace.

February 13, 2006 10:01 AM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Dearest Corry
We'll always be here to support and pray for you and KC. We'll pray until April is saved.
Please have a very blessed Valentine's Day. Jesus loves you very much. He's embracing you with His love, grace, mercy, peace and strength.

February 13, 2006 4:52 PM  
Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

Oh boy! I am so with you on this. Being a 'stay-at-home-mom' gets enough remarks but homeschooling gets many. But you know what? It used to be normal for moms not working and back in the days of our great-grandparents, homeschooling or small one room school houses were normal. The thing I hear a lot is that my kids need socialization. What for? To learn how to swear, do drugs, and be ungodly? My kids go to church and play sports to be social. I also get the raised eyebrows because we are not wealthy and could live 'better' if I worked. I think the 'better' life is teaching my kids and making our house a home. ;)

February 13, 2006 9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you, mamu!

God bless you as always. =) luv yah!

February 14, 2006 3:50 AM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Yes our values should be based on God's perspectives, not on the world's standard. Great post Corry!

February 14, 2006 4:04 AM  
Blogger Cinder said...

Amen...this is such a great post Corry...it makes you really take a step back and truly think! Happy Valentine's Day Corry...God bless you and Kc today and throughout this week!

Kitty, you are so right...we should be basing our values and standards on God's perspectives, not the world's standards.

M.C., I also being a 'stay-at-home-mom' who made the decision to homeschool this year...I understand and agree with your comment...my kids get more socialization than me most weeks through playing sports, swimming lessons, small group and church. We maybe not be 'wealthy' in the world's eyes as a result of me not working, but my family loves the life we live and it makes us who we are!

February 14, 2006 7:27 AM  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

just keeping you guys in prayer. Andrea

February 14, 2006 12:00 PM  
Blogger Refreshment in Refuge said...

Corry, I had to laugh! You asked about the book I'm currently reading. I read my Bible daily and frankly, there's a lot of rape and pillage, murder and mayhem in it.

February 14, 2006 3:06 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Audrey:

Thanks you so much for your prayers and for being there. It's really very much appreciated! May the Lord lead her to him.
Have a blessed Valentine's Day.
jesus loves you, dear sister:-)


Marianne:

I am with you. Nowadays all kids learn is social behaviour that is so against what is true, pure and good and the peer pressure is too tempting and too great. I was a stay at home mom raising the girls. I liked for them to come "home" instead of an empty house:-)


Jayne:

Today's society doesn't allow it. Then you are an outcast, a misfit. But just like you, I keep trying to turn my attitude around. I can't quit and I pray God will strengthen, guide and lead me till I get it right one day.
It's more important what God thinks of me then society.


Pia:

Happy Valentine's Day to you too, girl!

Love you:-)


Kitty:

Thanks girl. I totally agree with you. After all, God's opinion is the only one that matters.


Cinder:

Thank you so much and a Happy Valentine's Day to you as well.

What is real wealth? Much money or the love of and for the family?:-)


Andrea:

Thank you so much. You are a blessing!


Gina:

I actually considered that while I was typing my post and didn't really know what to think about that:-)
Nevertheless, it is our Road Map and I won't put it down because of it:-)

February 14, 2006 6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014