« Home | Next: Good News »
| Next: Ask, And It Will Be Given »
| Next: Typical Female? »
| Next: His Arms »
| Next: Heed The Warning »
| Next: Birthday »
| Next: Bible Study 2006 »
| Next: Word For 2006 »
| Next: Happy 2006 »
| Next: Almost A Century »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Sunday, January 29, 2006

Insanity

I would like to thank all of you for your prayers, care, concern and encouragement. I appreciate it very much and I pray God will bless all of you richly. Thank you!!!:-)

Pride and self-centeredness tend to twist the mind and lead to destruction and death. They are so ingrained in my life that I am simply not aware when they occur. I keep running into the same wall over and over again instead of stopping and looking ahead. Each time I am determined and committed to tear down that wall and stand there with the sledge-hammer, ready to knock it out of the way. But when time comes for demolition, I turn around, swing the hammer and knock out anyone that comes near it, believing I am hitting in the right direction. Even after having been told, shown and seen which direction the wall is, my pride says it's not so and that the given directions are false. I know better and I do what I want. How stupid is that? It's insane.
Insanity is: to do the same thing the same way and expect different results!
Death and destruction alright, but not where it needs to be. Not a crack in the wall. Time to accept the help that has been there all along but was rejected out of that same pride.

Lord, strengthen me to get rid of this pride and lust, to break down that wall, to sacrifice it to do Your Will and live according to Your Word. Open my ears, eyes, heart and mind to follow You and my husband and help me to turn my will to overcome my nature. Help me to be mindful of others and to learn from my mistakes. Lead my hand in the right direction next time the hammer is needed and empower my will to keep my commitment and determination to bring down the wall to Your Glory. Help me to care forward instead of afterwards.
Thank You for carrying us through these times of trial. And thank You for my greatest blessing: a husband who loves, cares and does what is best and will not quit :-)

Proverbs 14:12
There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death.

20 Comments:

Blogger audrey` said...

Look up. Lift up.

Jesus loves you very much, Corry!
I love you alot too :)

January 30, 2006 3:24 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Jayne:

So true! I love that verse.
Thanks for the prayers, girl. You are and have been such an encouragement. God bless you.
Love you too:-)

Audrey:

I do/will:-)
He does and that is a such a comfort.
Thanks for being such a blessing, Audrey:-)

Luv ya.

God's Grace.

January 30, 2006 7:18 AM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

Corry, thanks for sharing this with us. I'm glad you are back around. We missed you. God is your strength. He will carry you all the way through this and knock down that wall for you if you let Him. You are such a blessing. Love ya!

January 30, 2006 8:03 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Kristi:

Thank you girl and I missed you y'all as well.

I don't mind sharing this. One day it will be shouted from the roof-tops anyway:-)

Thanks for your prayers and encouragement. It makes a difference:-)

Love you too, girl.

God's Grace.

January 30, 2006 8:44 AM  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

Corry, God is faithful. He does let us be tempted or tested beyond what we can bear. He shapes us and molds us by difficult trials. "Don't be surprised by the firey trial as though something strange were happening to you...this happenes for the testing of your faith which is worth more than pure gold..."

January 30, 2006 9:52 AM  
Blogger Pecheur said...

My Father,

Thank you for you love and your grace and your mercy. thank you for Corry and the big blessing she has been in our lives.

Right now, shelter her, be her protection, her shield.

May your presence be know there. May it be felt. Bring your waves of grace down like a flood.

Again, thank you God for everything.

In the powerful name of Jesus who breaks the power of cancelled sin and sets the prisoner free, AMEN.

January 30, 2006 10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Corry,

Thank God you are a redeemned of the Lord.

Romans 7:21-25 says: "So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? THANKS BE TO GOD-THROUGH JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD!"

Christ by His Spirit has set you free from the law of sin and death. He has empowered you by redemption to rule over everything that will cause you to sin because God' seed now dwells in you.

By redemption your sinful nature has been replaced by a righteous one and sin shall not rule over you anymore.

"No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God."- 1 John3:9

Corry you have been born of God, and He will enable you to be willing, able and to always do that which pleases Him.

"For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose."- Philippians 2:13

January 30, 2006 11:28 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Andrea:

Thank you for your encouragement, it's a blessing.

I am aware those trials will come and will strengthen my faith. I am grateful for them as well, for they show me what needs to be changed in me. If only I could learn from them and so far, I haven't. It would prevent many of those trials because they are self-inflicted. But you are right: God will not put more on me then I can bear and eventually I will learn. I just don't like learning the hard way and hurting people during the process:-)

Pech:

Thank you so much for those uplifting words and prayer. I am shown once again how God has blessed me with all of you in our lives:-)

Please, tell R hi for me.

Love you guys!

Akinola:

Thank you for your visit and your encouraging words.

I know God gives me every opportunity to do His Will, or as you said, He enables me to do so.
But when I fail to do so, then something needs to change and it is my responsibility and choice to change it. I have to keep in mind that His Will shall be done and not mine:-)

God's Grace.

January 30, 2006 12:02 PM  
Blogger Lenise said...

Sorry you've been going through hard times. Someday we'll all be perfect, but we're not there yet! Until then, there's grace and forgiveness, beloved of God!

Praying for y'all.

January 30, 2006 12:43 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Lenise:

Thanks girl, for your encouragement and your prayers:-)

Imperfection is what I am and it is up to me to strive to be as perfect as I can humanly be. Keep my eyes on the prize:-)

Praying for you too.

God's Grace.

January 30, 2006 1:02 PM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

We're not perfect, but we're forgiven. Praise the Lord. Love ya Corry, and will keep you in prayers.

January 30, 2006 6:03 PM  
Blogger Seeker said...

Thank God, He is merciful to us.

January 30, 2006 8:49 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Kitty:

Thanks girl, for the prayers and the comforting words.
Love you too:-)

Karen:

Yes! Praise The Lord! He loves us.

God's Grace.

January 31, 2006 6:21 AM  
Blogger Curious Servant said...

This is your first paragraph of this post:



I would like to thank all of you for your prayers, care, concern and encouragement. I appreciate it very much and I pray God will bless all of you richly. Thank you!!!:-)


It is exactly what I came to tell you today.

God bless you. Thank you.

January 31, 2006 4:23 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Dearest Corry :)
Thank you so much for your e-card. It's so sweet of you.
I love you too. HeHe!
**HUGS** **HUGS** from me to you!
Please take care.
Jesus loves you very much =D

February 01, 2006 12:09 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

CS:

You are more then welcome, it's what family in Christ does for eachother:-)
Thank you as well. Keeping you and yours in my prayers.

Audrey:

We liked for y'all to know how much we appreciated y'all, hence the card:-)
Thank you so much for the hugs, you always make me smile:-)
Love you too, dear sister!

God's Grace.

February 01, 2006 5:52 AM  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

Hi. Just checking in. Andrea

February 01, 2006 7:27 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Andrea:

Thanks girl. Have a great trip and God bless y'all.

God's Grace.

February 01, 2006 11:33 AM  
Blogger Joyce said...

Thank you for your transparency. There are many of us on the same road and we all grow and mature in the sharing. Love you both!

And thanks for the e-card!!

*hug* and prayers!

February 01, 2006 12:16 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Joyce:

No need to thank us, you are more then welcome:-)

Since many of us are on the same road...let's hook in and enjoy the journey:-)

Hugs to you as well and thank you for your prayers. We have you and yours in ours.
Lots of love.

God's Grace.

February 01, 2006 5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014