« Home | Next: LaLa-Land »
| Next: Value »
| Next: About Me »
| Next: Controversy »
| Next: Heading Out »
| Next: Work In Progress »
| Next: Insanity »
| Next: Good News »
| Next: Ask, And It Will Be Given »
| Next: Typical Female? »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Friday, February 17, 2006

Huge Mistake!

Check, double check your medicine and then check again! Why? Okay, here is why:

The doctor prescribed me medications for my cold and I dropped it off at the pharmacy of a well-known, rollback-priced superstore. While I was unpacking my meds, I noticed there were 5 different meds. Odd, I was almost sure I had been prescribed 4? Thank the Lord I always read the instructions and the labels on the bottles and while doing so, I found I had been given a prescription that belonged to someone else! That person's last name didn't even come close to ours. It was not even listed on the receipt so someone at that pharmacy is now frantically looking for a bottle of pills, that was so nonchalant dropped in my bag. Talk about a mistake! I was shocked.

The first thing that crossed my mind was, suppose this had happened to an elderly person, who in good trust had taken it or had difficulty reading. Can you imagine the consequences that could have come from this?

I know where there are people, there are mistakes. But this shouldn't happen in a profession like that. I can't get over it and next time I am there, I will let them know too.

Matthew 18:15
“Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother.

11 Comments:

Blogger Seeker said...

I hope you give the pharmacy a phone call. They need a heads up.

February 17, 2006 4:36 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Karen:

I thought about calling them to let them know, but I rather do it in person. I won't "chew" them out, but I would like to make sure they understand the severity of the matter:-)

God's Grace.

February 18, 2006 5:02 AM  
Blogger Cinder said...

I agree with you...where there are humans, there are mistakes, but in this profession there isn't really any room for them.

I think I would be going in to them in person too...you might be able to get them to understand the severity of the situation better.

I hope the medication is working and that you are beginning to feel a little better...I had to have a breathing test this summer, but I don't know what was more brutal...the test or the airplane ride I took a week later, while still suffering the effects of bronchitis!

I'll be praying for you Corry!

February 18, 2006 7:51 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Cinder:

Thank you for your prayers, I appreciate it:-)

The meds are working, my lungs are clearing up but I still am a little shaky. It is getting better though.

I had that test before too and it didn't seem to be a big deal then. I don't know about now, haha.

I hope you got over your bronchitis. It's no fun. God bless you!

God's Grace.

February 18, 2006 8:35 AM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Fortunately, you were so careful.
I dare not imagine the consequences.

I'm very glad to know that your lungs are clearing up.
Please take care Corry.

February 18, 2006 4:47 PM  
Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

Wow. That is scary. I hope that person got their medicine! I'm so glad you checked!!! They are supposed to double check and have you sign for the meds, right? Well, my pharmacist does that. It is a small store though and everyone knows everyone there.

February 18, 2006 6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yikes! good thing you read the instructions first. i don't even want to think what that could have done to an elderly person.

i thank God you're okay.

February 19, 2006 10:43 PM  
Blogger Lenise said...

With our litigation-happy society, they're lucky not to have been sued over that. I'm sure the higher-ups would take notice if you point it out to them, but as you say, as long as the folks on the front line understand how serious it is, you may be able to scare them straight instead of having some new clueless person come in!

February 20, 2006 2:09 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Audrey:

I will take care, girl:-) I am thankful it's helping this time.

Marianne:

We too have to sign for the meds for the health insurance but these meds were not even listed on the receipt so I guess they had no clue where they put them. I actually wonder if they even missed them.

Pia:

Good to have you back, missed ya:-)
Are you doing better?
I am glad it happened to me and not someone else. All for a reason huh?:-)

Lenise:

Hey girl, how are you doing? Are you getting any better?
I really don't mean to scare them straight, just try to point out the severity of it and what could have happened. And I pray they will take notice of it, next time they fullfill a prescription.

God's Grace.

February 21, 2006 1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm doing better now. thanks. =)

February 21, 2006 11:11 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Pia:

Thank you Lord!:-)

God's Grace.

February 22, 2006 6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014