« Home | Next: Inspiring »
| Next: Statistics »
| Next: In Love And Hate part II »
| Next: In Love And Hate »
| Next: Dutch Sayings »
| Next: Spectacular »
| Next: Anguish »
| Next: Legion »
| Next: Happy Birthday, Grandma! »
| Next: Tagged »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Dutch Sayings II

I will wind no cloth around it (be secretive), but I hope nobody is shooting under my pigeons ( being one step ahead of me) before I get a chance to wash this little pig ( solve or do something about it).
After ripe consultation (thorough consideration) I cut the knot (made a decision) to hammer nails with heads ( get something positive accomplished) for I feel like a fish in the water ( be very comfortable) doing another post on this and I can only hope I won't get puked out by y'all ( be rejected).
Some may call it looking for nails on low tide ( trying to accomplish something impossible) but that might be sifting mosquito's ( find something to nag about) but it's easy to find a stick to hit a dog ( find fault in someone).
It may be I burn my butt and have to sit on the blisters ( bear the negative consequences of actions) or even piss next to the pot ( to fail. Again, pardon my Dutch:-)) in which case I can see you give me a cloth for the bleeding (to give a small but unhelpful comfort). I won't shove the fault in your shoes (blame you) when you knit an end to (bring to an end) me kicking against your sore leg ( rub it in) and rub salt in the wound (make it worse) by putting you through this again. But hey, 3 times is shipsright (3 is a charm).
In case you haven't noticed, you are being send from the closet to the wall (not getting any where) by much yelling and little wool ( using many words but no deeds) while I talk like Brugman (saying a lot to try to convince you) to get you to step in the trap (fall for it) by high-trotting words ( intellectual words) to keep your attention to the lesson (keep you focused).
I won't make you pray and beg (beg) not to hit you over the ears ( do something repeatedly) with another post.
So..no need to fly at my throat (attack me) when it hangs out of your throat ( had enough). But don't we share dear and suffering (joy and sorrow)? :-)

Psalm 37:5
Commit your way to the LORD,Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass.

18 Comments:

Blogger Patti said...

I came to your site and thought I had bookmarked your last post of Dutch sayings (LOL). These are good. I have heard "rub salt in the wound" used. Never knew it was Dutch.

Thanks for the language lessson

March 15, 2006 5:02 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Patti:

Haha, I can imagine the puzzled look on your face.
Watch out, there may be a part III on the way. Warning you ahead so you won't think you did something wrong (grin).

God's Grace.

March 15, 2006 6:56 PM  
Blogger Seeker said...

Part III is coming? I thought surely you'd exhausted all the idiomatic expressions by now...!

March 15, 2006 7:33 PM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Wow Dutch seems difficult!

March 15, 2006 8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can you also teach us some dutch words? i saw some in audrey's. =)

March 15, 2006 9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like your new template. and those drawings... they're awesome! =)

March 15, 2006 9:13 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Karen:

Well, I said "there MAY be a part III on the way". I prolly could fill several more posts with the sayings. But ok, ok, I get the hint hahaha.

Jayne:

You little snitch!!!(grin)

Kitty:

I heard that Dutch is one of the most difficult language to learn.
I don't know if that's true. It seems easy to me, hehe.

Pia:

Thanks girl, I love it too and I am grateful to the original designer for being so sweet to allow me to use it ( Duh...Jayne, hehe):-)
As soon as we have a scanner I will throw out some more drawings here.

The dutch sentence structure is different, so I will say it in proper dutch and give you the english word for the dutch one and put the english sentence underneath it.

Meid (girl), natuurlijk (of course) kan (can) ik (I) jou (you) Nederlands (Dutch) leren (teach):-)

Girl, of course I can teach you Dutch:-)

You noticed the smile? It's the same in both languages, hahaha.

Love y'all.

God's Grace.

March 16, 2006 5:41 AM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

I like your new look here, Corry!

The phrase "get puked out" cracked me up, as did many others. This is great stuff!

March 16, 2006 8:05 AM  
Blogger Patty said...

Hello Corry,
Like your new look. I also sent your blog site to a lady with exf2, uses just OMA
her address is
http://oma.efx2.com, I also sent her your list of Dutch sayings. She thanked me, I don't know if she's been to visit you yet or not.
Hope all has been well with you and family.
Patty

March 16, 2006 1:51 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Karyn:

I am so glad you like it!:-) I really have to make myself stop or the post would cover pages, haha.

Got your mail and replied:-)

Love ya!

Kristi:

Thanks, I know it's a very "original" template, haha.
I love it too:-)

Oh girl, you may be in for more cracking up then (grin).

Patti:

I don't know if oma did, but I know one of her daughters did:-)
Thanks for doing that, I appreciate it.

All is well here, busy for the most part. Hope all is well with y'all too.

God's Grace.

March 16, 2006 2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is so cool! dank u! =)

Ik hou van jou! (did i get that right?)

March 16, 2006 9:17 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

HaHaHa!

Pia and I have the greatest Dutch teacher :)

Dank u zus!

God zegen u, Corry!

March 17, 2006 2:54 AM  
Blogger audrey` said...

I love this new template very much :)
It's so unique and special!
It's very original too ;)

March 17, 2006 3:05 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Pia:

Yes you did!!! Ik hou ook(also, too) van jou:-)

You (je) are (bent) welcome (welkom):-)
That's the literal translation but in this context you would say:
Graag (gladly) gedaan (done).

"Je bent welkom" would actually be used to convey to someone that you are looking forward to receiving them.

Difficult huh? Are you still sure you want to learn Dutch??? hehehe.

Audrey:

Girl, you keep on like this and there won't be much for me to teach you!;-)

And please, don't call me "U":-)
"U" is used for people you just met and don't know, or elderly people, for instance. It is very formal and used to either show respect and regard or to keep a distance (!). Informally you use "je". You always start out by calling people "U" and most of the time they will let you know to call them "je". When they do, consider that an honor and a sign of acceptance:-)
So please, call me "je". hehe.

As for the template, it is original and unique and so very special! You know why? Because Kc designed it, hehe.

Ik hou van jou, lieve zus.

God's Grace.

March 17, 2006 6:19 AM  
Blogger Cinder said...

Corry, I love your new look! I have enjoyed your two posts on the Dutch sayings and I can't wait to see a Part III if there is one. I'm going to copy these to a file and am going to try using some of these in my day to day happenings.

Hope you have a very blessed day and weekend!

March 17, 2006 7:54 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Cinder:

So good to see you stop by!!! I am so grateful all is going better with y'all.

Thanks, I will tell the designer you loved the new look:-)

If you use them in your daily life, you might have to be prepared to do alot of explaining haha. But I am pleased you liked the posts:-)

Have a very blessed day and weekend yourself, with lots of joy!

God's Grace.

March 17, 2006 8:42 AM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Ik hou ook van jou!

Please have a very blessed and refreshing time with our Lord, zus :)

March 18, 2006 6:13 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Audrey:

And you as well:-)

Gezegend weekend, zus!

God's Grace.

March 18, 2006 7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014