« Home | Next: Good Night »
| Next: Roots Of Faith »
| Next: One Step At The Time »
| Next: Regardless... »
| Next: Cleansing »
| Next: Culture Shock! »
| Next: Another Quick Update »
| Next: Pure Beauty »
| Next: Quick Update »
| Next: On Pins And Needles Part II »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Monday, August 21, 2006

Recovery

Sorry for not having been around so much. Things seem to be slowing down a little but I find myself in a blogger-bloc these days. So much I would like to share and say but I draw a complete blank when wanting to write a post.

Actually, I find myself in limbo most of the times, haha. Life has been coming at us 90 mph and it left me kind of mentally and emotionally drained and tired. I can imagine this would be like coming out of a shock, trying to understand what really happened, dealing with the accompanied feelings and trying to see where and which way to go from here and cleaning up the mess. I have to confess I don't know most of the time, but God does and I rely heavily on Him. He knows and will show and has only the best in mind. That is a great comfort. :-)

Thank y'all for your prayers for Patrick and Noor and I would like to ask you to please continue to pray for them.

Pat's scan came out positive. Something showed up on it and the doctors are not sure what that might be. It can either be scar-tissue, which they suspect at this point, or still part of the cancer tumor. Either way, they have decided to do surgery to find out for sure what it is and to remove it. Surgery will take place within the next 3 weeks. Should it turn out to be cancer, then Patrick will have to have another round of chemo-therapy.

So far for the bad news. The good news is, that in case it is cancer, it has diminished substantially!
More good news: Noor started her job last week and loves it and Amber found herself a new job, starting today. Please remember her in your prayers as well, she is so nervous :-) Thanks so much, dear friends.

Psalm 41:3
The LORD will strengthen him on his bed of illness; You will sustain him on his sickbed.

16 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Corry, have been missing you dear sis.

Will remember you, Kc, Noor and Amber in my prayers.

August 21, 2006 8:09 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Kitty,
Thank you so much for your prayers, they are appreciated! :-)

I miss y'all too. I hope to get around to blogging soon again. Right now, I am just tired, haha. But all in God's time. He knows best and His timing is perfect.

Love you, dear sister. Thank you so much for your love and care. God bless you.

God's Grace.

August 21, 2006 8:20 AM  
Blogger Lenise said...

I'm sorry about the bad news. I hope the surgery brings very good news! And congratulations to the girls for their jobs. Somebody in our household will be starting a new job (hopefully!!) within the next year or so, so we know what a relief it is to find something appealing!

I'll say a prayer for you all right now.

August 21, 2006 11:50 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Lenise,
Thank you sooo much, girl! That's so sweet.

And I pray you will find a good job that you like as well. And maybe another house too??? :-)

Give those little rascals a hug from me, please.

God's Grace.

August 21, 2006 1:29 PM  
Blogger Patti said...

Corry,
Thanks for faithfully visiting my blog. I understand the inability to post so often. Life is hectic. Will be praying for you and your intentions.

August 21, 2006 7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Corry, keep trusting in Him.

"Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it."
—1 Thessalonians 5:22-24

August 21, 2006 10:08 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Patti,
You are more than welcome.

It seems like the more you love and care, the more hectic life is at times. Well, in that case I wouldn't want it any other way, so... bring in on! I know God gives what's needed when it's needed. :-)

Thank you so much for your prayers. I keep you and your husband in mine.

Ryan,
Thank you for your encouragement. I trust Him. He knows the intentions of my heart and what is needed and will not give me more than I can carry :-)

How is your mom doing and how is the job-hunting going? May God's blessings be on both.

God's Grace.

August 22, 2006 2:43 AM  
Blogger Seeker said...

I haven't gotten around to the blogs for a while, but you have been on my mind a lot... I've been praying. Take care. Hello to Kc.

August 23, 2006 8:35 PM  
Blogger Cinder said...

Hi Corry! I will be thinking of y'all and remembering you in prayer. I'm hoping to be coming around a little more now that we're back home...say hi to Kc...blessings and love to you both!

August 24, 2006 10:10 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Karen,
I missed seeing you around and hoped all was well.
Thank you for your prayers, you are in mine.

Cinder,
I am glad you are back safe and sound and hope God blessed your trip and work. I am looking forward to reading all about it :-)
Blessings and love to you too!

Karen and Cinder,
A "hello" back from Kc and a big hug from me :-)

God's Grace.

August 24, 2006 11:47 AM  
Blogger Curious Servant said...

Glad to hear from you.

I'll say a little prayer.

God bless...

August 25, 2006 12:26 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

CS,
Thank you so much. We really appreciate it.

We hope all is well with y'all. God bless you.

God's Grace.

August 25, 2006 4:06 PM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hello Corry ~~ Nice to meet you, and I
hope you will enjoy any visits you make to my site. Sorry you have the dual
problems of RA and Fatique. Either is
enough on it's own. You have a great attitude and trust in God, so that is a
huge help. Take care, Cheers, Merle.

August 25, 2006 11:45 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Merle,
So nice to see you here. Thanks for the visit and the comment.
I don't suffer from fatigue, unless it's self-induced, haha. But I know there are many who do and I thought it might be helpful to share this. :-)
I intend to visit your site more often. God bless you.

God's Grace.

August 26, 2006 6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Corry -

I am praying for Patrick and Noor and you and Kc. I am lifting all of you up to our Sovereign God and Father, and to our Lord Jesus Christ by the power of their holy Spirit.

Peace and blessings to you all. Dee

August 26, 2006 8:24 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Dee,
Thank you so much for your prayers. God hears every one of them and I am so grateful :-)

God bless you.

God's Grace.

August 28, 2006 4:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014