« Home | Next: 21... At Last!! »
| Next: Our Daily Bread »
| Next: Recovery »
| Next: Good Night »
| Next: Roots Of Faith »
| Next: One Step At The Time »
| Next: Regardless... »
| Next: Cleansing »
| Next: Culture Shock! »
| Next: Another Quick Update »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Life's Many Colors

I'll tell you right now: I don't like summer! It's too hot to do anything outside and I am so ready for the cooler fall-weather. Going camping, taking walks in the woods and on the beach. No bugs or snakes. Seeing the pretty colors of the fall. Opening the windows in the morning, letting the cool, crisp air flow through our home. I am not a tree-hugger, but it sure is much more appealing than being an airconditioner-hugger, haha.

Weather is a strange thing and we have to take it as it comes. I suspect it's one of the most discussed topics in the world. How often do we use the weather to start a conversation? Is the weather ever how we would like it to be? What is "perfect" weather to one, is "terrible" to another. It never seems to be right for everyone. I guess the most annoying thing about it is, that it is out of our control. :-)

There are periods in life that seem out of our control. So many fiery darts being shot at you, that your arms grow weary of holding up the shield. So many problems coming at you, that you fear being overwhelmed or run over and frustration-levels reaching their limits. You may be in that situation right now. A word of encouragement?! Let faith control. Keep on doing your part, God will do His and everything will turn out for the best! :-)

Galatians 6:9
And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.

19 Comments:

Blogger Seeker said...

You are so right. Complaining can't change the weather and it can't change our circumstances. Your admonition to trust God and be content is timely.

September 20, 2006 6:58 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Karen,
I am just returning the favor. I happen to know several who are in that situation right now and I also know what a difference a little encouragement makes! :-)
Keeping y'all in my prayers.

God's Grace.

September 20, 2006 7:05 AM  
Blogger jel said...

hi corry,

awesome post and pic, I love fall, and winter,

thanks for the visit and the comment!

have a great day!

September 20, 2006 9:28 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Jayne,
All still green here. But cooler weather is on the way!!! I am so looking forward to it that... I am too excited to sleep, hehe.

Jel,
Welcome and thank you for the visit and the comment.
You will prolly see me alot on your site :-)

Have a blessed day.

God's Grace.

September 20, 2006 9:50 AM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Hi Corry, such a beautiful picture! I love fall too!

September 20, 2006 10:03 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Kitty,
Hey girl, good to see you!
Come on over and we all can enjoy it together :-)
I don't know much about fall in Australia, does it ever get cold there?

God's Grace.

September 20, 2006 10:26 AM  
Blogger Cinder said...

That's a beautiful picture...today we saw the fall colors and had decent temperatures. Yesterday morning we woke up to frost and a few hours away had 4 inches of snow.

I needed to read this post this week...blessings to you and yours!

God's peace ;D

September 20, 2006 8:42 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Dearest lieve zus!
I love the flowers very much =)
Take care, dear.

September 21, 2006 3:48 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Cinder,
Dear sister, I hope and pray all is working out for you and yours. I know God has only the best in mind for you. You are in my prayers.

Snow, wow! I wish we would get some here this winter. Last year we had some frost and it already was so beautiful to see that thin white coat on the grass. But...God knows best and I better count my blessings. I am so grateful that, so far, we were spared from hurricanes and that the weather is getting cooler. Thank You, Lord!:-)


Audrey,
I loved this picture as soon as I saw it. God's creations are perfect, huh :-D

Have a great, blessed day!

God's Grace.

September 21, 2006 8:01 AM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Dearest Corry

Praying for Patrick and Noor...
Take care, lieve zus.

September 24, 2006 2:43 AM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Dearest Corry

(((HUGS)))

Patrick, Noor and all of you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Please take care, lieve zus.

(((HUGS)))

September 28, 2006 1:53 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Audrey,
Thank you so much, lieve zus. They sure need the prayers. I will keep you updated.
((((HUGS)))) and love.

God's Grace.

September 28, 2006 8:41 AM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Dearest lieve zus

Please don't mention.
What are sisters for?
Continue to be strong, ok?
Noor needs you to pray for her, to think of her, especially at this moment.

(((HUGS))) and more (((HUGS)))

Much love and kisses across the miles to you too!!!

Take care, dearest Corry =)

September 29, 2006 3:16 AM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Hello lieve zus

Just drop by to let you know that you, Noor, Patrick and yours are still in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care, dearest Corry.

Jesus loves you and yours.

September 30, 2006 6:17 AM  
Blogger Cinder said...

Hi Corry,

Just dropped by to see how things are and to let you know I've been thinking about you.

Blessings and love
**HUGS**

September 30, 2006 6:30 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Audrey,
You sweet sister!!! ((((HUGS)))) :-D.

Pat is recovering really well and was expected to be released from hospital before the weekend.
Doctors anticipate to do the other surgery next month. Still no word on the result of the removed tissue, but we pray and hope.

My apologies for not responding sooner. April got married yesterday and the ceremony was in our back-yard, so all was hectic and time-consuming. But...Kc got to give her away and I got to make her dress. God works in mysterious ways. God is good :-D

Love you, lieve zus. God bless you and yours bunches!

Cinder,
Thank you so much for your care and concerns, dear sister. As you may have read in my reply to Audrey, we have been quite busy. I hope to catch up with y'all soon.

Blessings and ((((HUGS)))) to you too!

God's Grace.

October 01, 2006 6:36 AM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Dearest Corry lieve zus

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm so happy for you and KC.
To God be the glory!

(((HUGS)))

October 02, 2006 1:40 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Audrey,
Amen!!!
And thank you :-D I will keep you posted. God bless you, lieve zus.

God's Grace.

October 02, 2006 7:34 AM  
Blogger audrey` said...

God bless you too, dearest sister =)

October 03, 2006 3:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014