« Home | Next: Castor Oil »
| Next: Home Remedy For Back Pain »
| Next: Jumping through hoops to see The Lion King »
| Next: The Early Bird »
| Next: Saving Time »
| Next: Loose Weight With A Smile »
| Next: Debunking Myths »
| Next: Entertainment, Discoveries And Deals »
| Next: A Bad Habit With Bad Consequences »
| Next: Tax Time »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Making A Game Out Of Exercising

I hate to admit it, but I haven't been very regular at walking on the treadmill. To be totally honest, I haven't been working out at all for over a week now. I keep coming up with all kinds of excuses to get out from under it, but I also know it is not doing me any good.

I was aware of the fact that I dreaded it, but I couldn't put my finger on the problem. I think I found it; I don't like walking in place, because it is not getting me anywhere and staring at the walls becomes rather boring after the first couple of minutes. Maybe I ought to resort to some other, more challenging work-outs.

One of the things I have been contemplating on is partaking in something that would be fun, keeps my attention, and is physically beneficial at the same time. I have seen several of those exergaming videos on TV and online and those really appeal to me. I am always up for a challenge and it would give me the necessary work-out to keep my muscles in shape.

Exercising is very important and not just to stay in shape and to keep your muscle strength; it helps in the prevention of many conditions, is also an excellent way of boosting your immune system, and very beneficial when it comes to loosing, controlling, and maintaining your weight.

Speaking of the last, I read somewhere that the effects of a decent work-out last for quite some time after you have finished, where your metabolism is concerned. It made mention of the fact that you are likely to burn more calories in that time then when you wouldn’t have put your muscles to good use.

You need to keep in mind though not to venture out on your own; working out has to be done right and good instructions are essential. You have to know how to use the exercise equipment and how exactly to do the exercises. Therefore, follow the instructions and examples carefully in order to make and get the most out of your work-out.

Most people tend to dread working out, but it doesn't have to be that way. The benefits outweigh the time and effort invested in it by far and exergaming allows you to live up to your full potential. It actually makes a game out of exercising and that sounds good to me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014